cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone-less than a month old and stolen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can i get my phone insured and then report stolen?as it is less than 28days old ( as states on the website that it must be less than 28days to be insured). So can i insure it and then report stolen (as it was stolen right from my very hands) and i hadn't taken out the policy yet? thoughts please!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think that technically that would be fraud
but your choice
i would insure it then leave it for a month then claim or something like that
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it's insurance fraud so don't bother.

o2 can also see when you last used your handset and it's something that insurance check before progressing with your claim so there'd be no point insuring it now then reporting it stolen in a month.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
The other issue is that you would be responsible for all useage of the handset until you reported it missing. All those long calls overseas etc
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can i get my phone insured and then report stolen?as it is less than 28days old ( as states on the website that it must be less than 28days to be insured). So can i insure it and then report stolen (as it was stolen right from my very hands) and i hadn't taken out the policy yet? thoughts please!!

You should have reported it stolen straight away to the police. If you've not done this already, as has been stated, you'll be liable for all costs incurred.

As for insurance, check your home contents policy to see if it covers personal possessions outside the home. I always make sure mine does, so that I don't need extra phone insurance.

SV
Message 5 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
How did you buy it?

If you bought it with a credit card, you may be covered by the credit card company.

Cover usually runs for 90 days on purchases.

As for insuring it now, I wouldn't.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 6