Internet Explorer and other search engines

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi

re Internet Explorer

For many years Ive used IE on my PC (now win 10)

IE was on my LINX  windows tablet. I leant said tablet to a family member while away on a course for 2 weeks. He set up his own account.

Info only) There now seem to be 2 of my accounts on board the LINX as well as his. One has IE  but will not link to my home internet hub

The other will link to internet but has no link to Internet Explorer.

Leaving aside the fact I have 2 accounts in my name.   How can I get Windows Explorer onto my tablet's tile list.    And /or I like to use Duck Duck Go search engine so how can i place that there too.. 

I am not a geek , have no one to help with this so please make the steps to this operation simple and clear. This tablet might appear to work the same as my laptop but to my mind it doesnt (My laptop works part Win 10 / part Win 8. ) Lucky me.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Way above my pay grade I'm afraid but I'll mention @viridis and @MI5 to see if they can help. There are other very clever people on here too so someone will have suggestions for you. 

Message 2 of 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Not a clue with win10 tablet mode I'm afraid, I guess you could try long press on app icon and add to tiles if option appears.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Start off by deleting your duplicate account and your friends account.
We can then get that one account working correctly for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks.   My sons account is GOOGLE   he says. And isnt sure how to remove that from a tablet.

Im not sure if he understood the question.

Where do I start in Windows to remove his account from my Win 10  microsft tablet please? which setting do i start with and what details of his should i have.

Best Wishes

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I don't have a windows tablet to look for you, but there will be a section in settings which holds all the accounts associated with the device.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6