Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Favourites fiasco

jtuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
As we all know O2 has taken upon themselves to discontinue international favourites and TUgo add ons. They sent a text some time ago saying international favourites will end but will work until end of November.
2 days ago my add on stopped working. I could not figure out why the call was not ringing at the other end yet I heard a ring tone.
Finally today I called O2 and they - at first - claimed I had cancelled it. I had made no contact with O2 in months so obviously it wasn't me. They then said they had deleted my number on the 2 November. They then said they would reinstate it but I have to go to myo2 and re-input the number. I went to do that and received the code by text but when you input it it took you to a blank page which only said "object moved to here" with "here" hyperlinked. On clicking on it it took you back to sign in page.
So I had to call O2 again. The advisor then said they will me a text with a link to input the number. A text came but it was just a link explaining they are discounting International Favourites.
I called again. The advisor hung up on me.
I called again and finally they agreed to input the original number back. At first she said international Favourites had been discontinued and that I had been informed about it. I said received a text which started it would be active until the end of November. She then disappeared and put me on hold - twice listening to horrible noisy music - then returned and input the number back herself.
She would not give any information what the replacement add-on would be in December. She said you will be told when it becomes active. Nothing about how much it will cost and what it entails. I said how would we know if we want the service if you don't tell us what it entails beforehand. She had no answer except to say customers will get a free trial..
It is a mess!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have experienced similar issues. I signed up for international favourites a month ago. 2 weeks ago it just stopped working without any notice or information. I thought it was a technical issue so gave it a few days before I called 02 101. The service agent nonchalantly said the service had been stopped!! he had no information why and what was proposed to replace it, and just advised me to use internet calling....smacks of an own goal by O2. 

I then rasied the issue of the cost of teh int favourites that I had paid for the service and on my bill I have been charged for the service until the 10 November even though the service stopped forme around the 20th October. I was promised a refund which hasnt materialised!!! tweeted O2 they refer me to online chat which currently is SO BUSY that i cannot access the service.

Think its time to move providers it seems as O2 cannot seem to provide a basic level of customer service!

Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They did the same with World Chat by switching it off 24 hours earlier than the stipulated date. I was hoping to call my son and my wife on the 31st October and use up the remaining credit. I had to use Messanger which was and is far inferior. Nothing O2 offer now is likely to persuade me to stay at contract end. 

Message 3 of 7

jtuk
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Needless to say that after all that the number is not working. It rings but doesn't put the call through. O2 are totally failing their customers. You get charged for a service but they fail to provide and don't seem to care.
Message 4 of 7

jtuk
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Their chat is a disgrace. They now offered me an international dim. I just want the service they promised to supply me until 30 November back.
Their treatment of customers is unbelievable. They lie to you!
Message 5 of 7

jtuk
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
International sim
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

They did the same with World Chat by switching it off 24 hours earlier than the stipulated date. I was hoping to call my son and my wife on the 31st October and use up the remaining credit. I had to use Messanger which was and is far inferior. Nothing O2 offer now is likely to persuade me to stay at contract end. 

I lie..... maybe a Note8 😉

Message 7 of 7