cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inefficiency of o2 with the process of moving the old number

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have bought a new phone from o2 and was promised to get my new number as soon as they get the PAC code from my old phone company. In spite of having delivered the code next day, i,e, on 28 December, my number has not been not moved and, morobver, I have received a message telling me that I have to wait for that for more3 than a week, until 5 January. I find it utterly inefficient on the part of o2 and want to terminate my contract as I am within 14 days of the cooling period.

I also want to warn others against o2. Any advice ho to do that?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
The use of the pac code is not immediate by any of the uk networks.

Once you pass your pac code to your new network the two networks have to agree the date of transfer which is typically a week. You number will continue to work on your old contract until the transfer takes place. You will also have been provided a temporary number by o2.

Once the port has taken place of you speak to o2 customer services on 202 (free from your o2 contract mobile) they might as a good will gesture credit you back for the intervening period.

Just to clarify this would have happened with ALL uk networks so it is not a service failure by o2 or your old network.
Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
The use of the pac code is not immediate by any of the uk networks.

Once you pass your pac code to your new network the two networks have to agree the date of transfer which is typically a week. You number will continue to work on your old contract until the transfer takes place. You will also have been provided a temporary number by o2.

Once the port has taken place of you speak to o2 customer services on 202 (free from your o2 contract mobile) they might as a good will gesture credit you back for the intervening period.

Just to clarify this would have happened with ALL uk networks so it is not a service failure by o2 or your old network.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed, the timescale of 5 january is reasonable especially considering it's the holiday season.

Although if it was delayed past that date, I could understand the annoyance.

The real problems begin if your number is ported incorrectly. Don't even go there...
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Good sound advice by piperdog123

We usually say speak to both your old network and new one if issues happen.

As you say your within 14 days cooling off period then you can make an informed choice to choose the avenue you wish to.

I don't want to come across as rude but due to the time of year and probable staffing levels maybe try not to get too agitated and let the transfer happen as Asap.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous Sorry to hear you are unimpressed by O2. 

As I understand your message you are asking advice as to how you might "warn others against O2".   Since this is a O2 Customer Community that would appear to be a very odd request and I doubt if you will receive any sensible replies.

Nevertheless you have made your feelings known and no doubt members of the Community will take due note.

As regards your wish to terminate your contract the Terms and Conditions which you will have been supplied with should give you all the information you need about that.

I do hope that you will take a few minutes to reconsider your decision, that you will remain with O2 and become an active and helpful contributor to the O2 Community.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wait until the 5th as its the festive season so staffing levels will be low so you might not be top of the list as you expect. Please have patience & you never know it might be quicker
Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I also want to warn others against o2. Any advice ho to do that?

Post on Twitter, Facebook call Watchdog etc although it's highly unlikely that anyone will care less tbh.

It's hardly the crime of the century Smiley Frustrated

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

Please see the comments above and please do come back and let us know how you get on.

Welcome to the Community
Message 8 of 8