cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect timestamp on incoming text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since transfering my pay-as-go number to a Simplicity SIM I have been having problems with the timestamp on incoming text messages - it is exactly an hour ahead. The messages I send are correctly timestamped in my saved items, and correctly timestamped by for the recipient. My call log is correctly timestamped for calls. It is only the messages I receive that are incorrect. Customer services initially told me it was the time setting on my phone - but it isn't. I think it's the message server or something on the network but they are adamant it's my phone even though the problem didn't exist until I changed to one the their Simplicity SIMs. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues or have any ideas what could be causing this ?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check that you have the timezone on your phone set correctly.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
The time shown on the phone is the correct time. The timestamps on everything i send are correct. The timestamps on all calls made and received is correct. It's just the timestamp on messages received that is an hour ahead. And these messages are from different people on differing networks. I'm at a loss with this one.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
When did you switch from Pay&Go to simplicity? Perhaps the other networks hurried to set their time to BST a little sooner than they should have done slight_smile

I've had this with messages coming from abroad that usually display the sender's time instead of mine (the recipient's), but I don't think I ever had it with UK-originating texts.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
The network team told me this was a known issue with Nokia phones and the auto time update funtionality and that I should switch this off and upgrade to the latest firmware. I did all this and the problem disappeared. I'm not totally convinced it was my phone although the fact that the problem is no longer evidence seems fairly conclusive. However, they did tell me that the time stamp was not set by the message server but by the receiving phone which I fail to understand when you look at what happens with messages received from abroad. Still, it's sorted and I'm happy. It's amazing how such a minor issue can irritate the hell out of you. Thanks for the comments.
Message 5 of 5