Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect information being given to people on chat sessions

g7rpo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Probably been asked before but if this is the case (and Im seeing a few reported on the forums that the information often isnt correct) then why do O2 continue to use it?

Especially if there are potentially situations where decisons are made based on incorrect information from chats

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@g7rpo wrote:

why do O2 continue to use it?

It's cheap and they bung the customer £20 goodwill to make up for the mistakes if you can be bothered to complain about it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

g7rpo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Fair enough, seems to be a potentially bad idea for credibility though.
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It sure is - you'll notice that we never advise live chat except for the most basic stuff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@g7rpo If you do a search you will find pages and pages and pages of complaints about O2's Live Chat service. It really is second rate, and that's being kind. We were told ages ago that the personnel on Chat were going to have 'retraining sessions'. If that ever did happen, they didn't learn much.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 11

Peanut
Level 3: Thinker
  • 60 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hiya! I work for o2 in a sales capacity and I’ll often use what I’ve read on here to answer customers questions. To be honest, I’ve learned most of what I know from here!
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.”
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Peanut wrote:
Hiya! I work for o2 in a sales capacity and I’ll often use what I’ve read on here to answer customers questions. To be honest, I’ve learned most of what I know from here!

Good to know smile

Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Peanut wrote:

Hi @Peanut. Good to see you back. wink

Pleased we could help anyway...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Amazing value that we provide and we even know what we are talking about!

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Peanut
Level 3: Thinker
  • 60 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff. I’m usually around ‘lurking’on here while I’m at work! Im not allowed to sign in or post on here using works computers though. 

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.”
Message 10 of 11