Did you mean: 

Improvements to the O2 site

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Recently, Leonard and I have noticed a few threads with suggestions of pages on the O2 site that could be improved in terms of the wording, phrasing, or the information that the pages show.

These include:

O2 wallet pages

O2 travel pages

Certain pages not loading, etc. 

These are just a few areas of the site however and suggestions from anywhere on o2.co.uk are very welcome. 

As you guys are the ones who have suggested that there are problems, here is your chance to let us know in one thread, so that we can easily collate impressions, pass them on and hopefully get them sorted for everyone.

If you have suggestions for an improvement, please include a link to the page, a description of its exact location, and also a suggestion of how it should be changed or re-worded.

So let us know. I look forward to seeing your views.

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
As you're referring to the main O2 website, what is the remuneration package ?
Message 2 of 72

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi O2MACH2,

Could you be bit more specific? Also, do you have a link to where it is mentioned? Cheers

Get involved:

Message 3 of 72

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I think that the comment is tongue in cheek why should we point out errors for free?

A Good it consultant would charge to find all these errors. The website should not go live until it has been proof read and checked against the relevant tariffs and t&C etc.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 72

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

I think that the comment is tongue in cheek

It was "tongue in cheek" only insofar as it's an appalling thought that forum members should be asked to do a job that a person(s) being paid perhaps in excess of £30,000 p.a. should be performing.

My opinion is that it's an insult. It's aimed at taking advantage of those who contribute successfully to resolving broadband/phone problems that O2's technical support depts sometimes can't resolve. Those resolutions help us and others who might experience the same problems.

But don't even think that I would extend my contribution to resolving O2's company problems without remuneration.

That's my opinion but others may totally disagree and decide to help O2 out of the mess for free.

@Anonymous......I thought very hard about the content of this message before hitting the POST button.

Message 5 of 72

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That's all well and good if the IT consultant knows his stuff but it needs a team of the O2 upper echelons to make sure the information is correct. It's not just a case of repairing links, all the dead stuff needs to be deleted and up to date relevant information programmed.

Message 6 of 72

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

We often find that we point out errors on the main site, then someone decides to update or change some pages, makes a hash of it and we're back to square one.

Some of us here have been campaigning for over three or four years about the sad state the site gets into, and if a company the size of O2 can't see for themselves what's wrong..................!

If from previous experience we felt anything would be done to resolve these issues things would be different.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 72

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Thanks very much for your thoughts on why and how we asked this. I can understand your views, however as you guys are some of the most experienced users of the site, I value your opinions greatly, and from your experience, you may have better ideas of how to phrase certain things or how to navigate the site after talking to and advising so many people.

We also thinks it would be fantastic to have your suggestions involved in the changes that we hope to pass on, as you can feel a part of any improvements made on the site. As community staff members, we can take good suggestions to relevant avenues.

I hope that helps and any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Toby

Get involved:

Message 8 of 72

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:
I can understand your views, however as you guys are some of the most experienced users of the sight, I value your opinions greatly, and from your experience, you may have better ideas of how to phrase certain things or how to navigate the site after talking to and advising so many people.

But if I ask you to send me a contractor's employment contract to cover a £15,000 3 month assignment, I doubt that you would recover your composure before Christmas.

That's my price, so if you can obtain approval, I will certainly consider the offer.

Message 9 of 72

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

I really understand the frustration, but unfortunately, we're not overseeing any other departments (yet :D). However, we're here to help collect your feedback and channel that back into the relevant business area. I think that's one of the most awesome aspects about a community.

So, since a couple of threads were made in the last few days, we wanted to start a dedicated thread in case you do want to suggest certain changes.

Message 10 of 72