cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you were...

Anonymous
Not applicable
In charge of the community for one day, one shot change. Only one. What would you do?
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
@rycal, we have asked for a more official presence but all we have is Toby & chiara plus a few of the social media team that post announcements
Message 31 of 48

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Rycal, we have asked for a more official presence but all we have is Toby & chiara plus a few of the social media team that post announcements

We do have a fair few O2 employees posting on here in an unofficial capacity which helps a lot and I do understand the reasons for remaining unofficial however such members do not have the ability to moderate the forum. I revert back to an early post where I mentioned a member posting his personal mobile number on here, that could have led to him receiving abusive calls not to mention its a large security risk to his account. Its a worry when people who have issues with O2 visit the site for help but unwittingly post too much informaton. In an ideal situation we would have Toby and Chiara as forum admin (weilding the ultimate power) and perhaps 3 or 4 moderators who were each available to moderate at different times. The issue with that is getting someone from the social media team to moderate during the day is fine, but who is going to look after the forum in their spare time when they arent being paid? And would you trust putting members in a position of power? Probably not, not when they could potentially have access to other members personal details.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 32 of 48

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

While I agree completely with your points. I must raise the idea;
"Why do we trust CS staff with our details? Why do we trust Chaira or Toby?"

The long term members whom have a lot of respect on this board(not me:D) in my opinion are just as trustworthy despite not being employed by O2. Besides what are they going to do with my data that O2 already havent done themselves?

-Sell it to third parties?
-Market research?
-Spam mail with offers?

(No difference other than the pay)

Edit: I should also add that allowing countries outside the EU such as where the Live chat are apparantly based is a much higher secuirty risk.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 33 of 48

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

To be fair its not so much why should WE trust people like Toby and Chiara with our details, O2 employ these people - they dont employ the majority of this forums members. The Social Media team enforce this forum from within, "outsourcing" (theres that word again) moderating duties to regular forum members means they have less control over who has access to what data... even tho as you rightly say theres probably not much they can do with it.

I moderate on another forum and if I want to I can access another users login details, email address, IP address, location, edit posts etc. I would imagine that Toby, for example, must adhere to some policy which governs how he acts on the forum and what he can and cannot do with a users personal data. Regular members (if trusted with moderator status) would not be subject to this and if it were abused it wouldnt look good.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 34 of 48

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Arghh Ok on that account i completely agree.

I would honestly expect some form of NDA/data protection agreement to be signed prior to a "promotion"

Whats wrong with oursourcing when its used in a positive light slight_smile However the term has only been used negativly on this forum unfortunatly.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 35 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Rycal, pretty much spot on slight_smile

Message 36 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
That policy is called the Data Protection Act.

I could, hypothetically, search for any of your names in work and look through your account. But if i did, under the DPA, I am personally held accountable for this misuse and can face fines or imprisonment.

Individuals trusted by a company are held just as accountable as the company themselves under the DPA.
Message 37 of 48

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
The interesting question is are there any safeguards to stop you from doing that?

Not saying you would.
Message 38 of 48

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The account fraud becomes or the more obvious !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 39 of 48

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

O2 have systems in place (as do many companies) that log any account access by an individual employee, giving date, time and account activity. I would hope these things are checked on any fraudulent use of a customers information.

In the bank I work, if you access a VIP account such as a popstar/member of the nobility etc then it triggers an alert at head office which filters down through to your line manager, and believe me, you have to have a damn good reason for going into the account.

Message 40 of 48