cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you were...

Anonymous
Not applicable
In charge of the community for one day, one shot change. Only one. What would you do?
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions
I would overhaul the forum software. The new redesigned main site looks great but the forum looks a tad basic in comparison. A phpBB forum would be nice. I would remove avatars too. Sure they are fun however they don't look very professional and can often obscure the posters name. Moderators too. I'm not saying promote Joe Public to mod-status, that would still need to be controlled by the social media team however we do need more of an official presence on the forum. Often recently I have seen posts which should be removed ASAP stick around for hours - including one where the poster put up his mobile number.

In short I would just make this a cleaner and more tightly controlled forum.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 21 of 48

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@liquid

The superuser section was a hidden area of the forum where we discussed issues etc with the forum.

It was setup by the social media team when creating this version of the forums and they invited some of the then top posters to activily improve the forum before it went live and continued after with us suggesting things after go live.

We had no extra powers just access to the closed hidden section. This was removed at the time of all the sections being merged hence the anger and frustration at the time by the group of superusers.

Hope that sheds some light on what a superuser was and the section we had to discuss in private

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 22 of 48

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Rycal. Re your suggestion re removing Avatars? I agree that some do obscure the posters name but I personally would like them to stay (if the name could be made clearer)

They are eye-catching and allow numpties like myself to follow and learn from certain experts. (so if you like, the avatars 'draw you in' to read what has been posted, if you are nterested in that topic.)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 48

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

apart from the suggestions of splitting the various threads.

O2 to actually employ official customer srevice agents that can resolve the back office issues we see on here in an offical capacity like they do on the vodafone forums for the things we say ring 202 4445 etc. Look at the vodafone forums for layout and sections etc

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 24 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@adamtempo64

Thanks for that explanation of the superuser. I had visions of the top, expert posters having their own 'elite club' and posting stuff that technophobes had absolutely no understanding of Smiley Frustrated I also thought if there was a superuser 'forum' then these top posters wouldnt be bothered too much replying to posts that were a bit basic. I am now reassured Smiley LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

I help run 2 forums 1 more active than this the other smaller. I also go on quite a few other forums.

The biggest pain for me with the O2 forum is the inability to stay signed in and I suspect this is a reason its not more active. I also agree on Edit and Delete threads buttons.

There are a few posters on this forum that have saved O2 a lot of customers through their help on here and its a great pity that poor software hinders their efforts.

I think either O2 want this or they dont and should make up their minds if they want it, no need for in house stuff use something others do as has been already suggested

Message 26 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Edit/Delete function back please!!!

My fatty fingers spell stuuff rong all the tyme!!!
Message 27 of 48

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Rycal I completely agree on the forum redesign I can't stand the layout of the main desktop forums so I reside on my mobile whilst posting here.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 28 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My fatty fingers spell stuuff rong all the tyme!!!

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 29 of 48

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I help run 2 forums 1 more active than this the other smaller. I also go on quite a few other forums.

Im a moderator on a rather large Sky-owned football forum. The board has a very clean look (no signatures, avatars etc.) and the majority of members prefer it that way.

I like this forum but sometimes it seems like O2 see it as somewhat of an afterthought. In this digital-age online forums can be a valuable resource for a large company such as O2 if they are managed and policed correctly. I love the idea of members helping members but there needs to be more of an official presence here.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 30 of 48