cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT Definitions / Tech General

Anonymous
Not applicable

How would U define the following:- (a) iPod ..... (b) iPad ..... (c) MP3 player ..... (d) tablet ..... (e) notebook ..... (f) dongle ..... thank you from WispaRed7.

Message 1 of 169
168 REPLIES 168

Anonymous
Not applicable
d. Available from all dodgy nightclubs from a fiver upwards
e. Useless without a pen or pencil
f. Naughty aid for certain people
Message 11 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know eg what an iPad does & eg what an iPod does & eg what is the difference between the 2 of them if they are similar - I have heard all the IT 'terms' I listed in my original message, but generally it is as simple as I just am trying to go with IT stuff these days on my own - my son Alex, could help me like he used to do when he lived with me, but nowadays he lives away and is too busy with his own life & I don't want to 'bog him down' with me being 'needy'.

Simple answer would B 4 me to say for define read = what are they?

What am I trying to achieve? update my knowledge of current 21st century IT things (I have recently ordered a bog standard Kindle from Amazon to read books on) & when personal finances permit I would like something to download music onto as up-to-date I buy cds off Amazon, & its become expensive, ty for replying slight_smile

Message 12 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for replying & for your simple, straightforward solution to my rather embarassing gauche? question/s slight_smile

Message 13 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for replying - its nothing so complicated or 'highbrow' = just a mature woman who has decided it is about time to go with current 21st century IT stuff eg what is an iPad? What is an iPod, are they similar and if so what is the difference. I have no-one to consult on IT stuff since my son flew the nest some years ago now = he gets on with his own life, which is as it should be LOL - so have I explained myself properly now? = I like my laptop, I have recently ordered a bog-standard Kindle off Amazon & when personal finances permit intend to buy something to have music downloaded onto so's I can use headphones (never did get on with those 'ear plug things' - up-to-date I buy my CDs off Amazon & have realised its gettting expensive - thank you again slight_smile

Message 14 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, you have all got me giggling like a cutsie schoolgirl now, which I most definitely am not, but am experiencing some Right Royal Yorkshire Belly-Laff's so here goes I'll come clean:- I am a mature divorced woman who will be 60 this coming Friday = quite ignorant of current 21st century IT stuff - some years ago now my personal IT Guru flew-the-nest so-to-speak & have been at a bit of a loss ever since regarding IT (I enjoy my laptop) & have recently ordered a bog-standard Kindle for reading & intend to get something to download music onto as I currently buy my CDs off Amazon & its getting expensive = so's what's an old girl like me to do? I havn't got a pot of magic money and when I saw this community O2 thing earlier I thought I'd give it a go (not thinking my basic questions would be answered much at all) ty slight_smile 

Message 15 of 169

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Google is your friend for all your definitions. slight_smile

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know what the IT things are - what they do - the differences between say an iPod & an iPad ('cos they sound similar) - quite simply put eg notebook/tablet = compare and contrast the 2 of them eg is a notebook an old term for a tablet (is it just a matter of size here?) - its just important to me to try & update myself on all these terms I have heard but they all mesh into one, well almost really - I am a soon to be 60 year old mature divorced woman just trying to make sense of it all on my own 'cos I don't have a pot of magic money & no personal IT Guru no more, just ordered a bog-standard Kindle off Amazon for reading & when personal finances permit would like something to download music onto as utd I have been buying my CDs off Amazon & its getting expensive ty again slight_smile

Message 17 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you - well done = simply put & straight to the point = you must be a Yorkshireman = ha ha ha !!! ty again slight_smile

Message 18 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only if I can be there when he smokes it (just luv the smell of cigars being smoked) = ha ha ha !!! thank you all, slight_smile

Message 19 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I'll go with that - thank you people slight_smile

Message 20 of 169