cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was mislead by O2, see comments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I had a plan in mind, phone O2 and complain about how bad they are and have my final payment reduced, then head to EE or some other similar bad company.

Instead I have just renewed my contract as the O2 worker bee managed to get me a 64gb iphone 6s Plus for the same price per month as the 16gb model.

So yeah, i'm very happy and this goes to show that like most companies O2 does have it's bad apples but today I managed to find a nice one who went out his way to get me the best deal possible.

Maybe they make it sound more complicated over the phone than it is but he made me a happy customer again and that's a good thing, right?

Just gotta wait now for the email to come to actually order the device.

- edit -

Ok so the email never arrived and I was made out to be either stupid or confused as to what was said. I know what was said I am neither stupid or confused. Please see comments below for the full story.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I'll also add that 2 years ago when I was put on O2 refresh I was told that no other contract options were available and that refresh was the only option now, this was not the case and I have never forgiven them for that.

Direct from O2 it is,

Talk to @Anonymous

The coordinators can sort some stuff really REALLY well.

Message 21 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have given her my details and she is looking into it.
Message 22 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like we are joining a group of custumers that have been mis sold/ mislead.

Although we have 3 O2 accounts all of which were on the same tariff originally when we changed 1 to a sim only contract they decided to set us up on a daily internet charge rather than the 3 GB which we had previously on all contracts. I have never recieved a bill as the email address they set this account up was incorrect but the other two accounts are fine as the direct debits were coming out at approximently £53 per month I assumed my 24 year old son was doing what a lot of 24 yr old males do and didnt think anythink of it. Its only when I have gone to update his sim only contract that it has been highlighted I have been charged £53.00 per month or a sim only contract since 2009.

I have asked for this to be looked into and the phone call with me agreeing to this tarrif to be listened to I am informed they only keep calls for 2 years so generally tough luck how about a £25.00 good will payment is some one taking the mick. Why on earth would ask to be set up on a cotract that charges you £1.00 a day for 100 meg of data ( £30.00 Per month for 3 GB) when they pay less than that for a iphone 3 gb data and uplimited calls and texts on the other 2 contracts.....

Message 23 of 34

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Why did it take you six years to discover this?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 24 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont think many people actually look at their bills, they get a text or email or both and see the figure and just pay it.
Message 25 of 34

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
But they would see the figure,..
Message 26 of 34

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
But they would see the figure,..

Exactly...and if it was wrong, they would challenge it surely? I know I would....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 34

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you haven't looked at your bill charges for six years you can't blame O2 for that. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 28 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Indeed.

It's also not very nice to hijack someone else's thread with your own issues.
Message 29 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

As an update I just want to say that @Anonymous was contacted 3 hours ago and I have not heard anything since her 1 and only reply at just before 12pm.

I wasn't expecting to either as it's O2 and they only seem to be focussed on getting your money and not bothered how it's done as long as it's in their hands and not yours.

Message 30 of 34