cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was mislead by O2, see comments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I had a plan in mind, phone O2 and complain about how bad they are and have my final payment reduced, then head to EE or some other similar bad company.

Instead I have just renewed my contract as the O2 worker bee managed to get me a 64gb iphone 6s Plus for the same price per month as the 16gb model.

So yeah, i'm very happy and this goes to show that like most companies O2 does have it's bad apples but today I managed to find a nice one who went out his way to get me the best deal possible.

Maybe they make it sound more complicated over the phone than it is but he made me a happy customer again and that's a good thing, right?

Just gotta wait now for the email to come to actually order the device.

- edit -

Ok so the email never arrived and I was made out to be either stupid or confused as to what was said. I know what was said I am neither stupid or confused. Please see comments below for the full story.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I got a good deal to upgrade too - It certainly helps to call and speak to someone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just wish the email would hurry up
Message 3 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I just wish the email would hurry up

Let us know when it does.....then you can rest easy @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's been over an hour ... starting to think I will have to call them back and see where it is.
Message 5 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not received the email so had to call them and they said that the offer he quoted me was invalid or something and that is why I haven't had the email so it looks like I will be leaving O2 after all.

The offer he quoted me was:

Apple iPhone 6s Plus

64GB Space Grey

Airtime Plan

24 month contract
1GB data
4G ready
Unlimited texts
Unlimited minutes

all for £47.50 monthly.

I would have to pay £69.99 today as that included 9.99 for the phone and 60 for the remaining time on my device plan.

The girl I spoke to said it would be around 130 and not 69.99 if I wanted that 64GB so I am not happy and waiting for 'Lee' to call me back as he was the guy that got me the deal.

Message 6 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They just put notes on my account and I went in store to upgrade.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 34

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you do decide to leave, all I would say is try the Pay & Go sims from the other networks before committing to a long-term contract. Strength of signal, and coverage where you spend your time should be more important than any deal you might get offered.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

He's just called me and made out like I got confused, he clearly said all I would pay is £69.99 and that includes my one off fee of £9.99 and £60 settlement but just now he said that he didn't say that, so I am angry.

Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

Message 9 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

He's just called me and made out like I got confused, he clearly said all I would pay is £69.99 and that includes my one off fee of £9.99 and £60 settlement but just now he said that he didn't say that, so I am angry.

Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

@Anonymous it would have been better if he hadn't bothered to call you back! To ring you and infer you made a mistake...or worse still are lying.. is damn outrageous if honest...Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 34