cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to use iPhone as modem for laptop / pda

Anonymous
Not applicable
My previous phones I have used to access the internet by using the phone as a modem on my pda and laptop. How can I do this with my iPhone?
Thanks
Robert
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are not able to use it as a modem as it is a breach of the terms and conditions.

Tev32
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
The O2 Web and Wi-Fi Bolt On allows you unlimited use of O2 UK's Edge, GPRS, 3G and HSDPA networks, The Cloud's UK Wireless LAN network and the BT Openzone UK Wireless LAN network, for personal internet use and email on your iPhone only. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes.
You may not use your SIM Card in any other device or use your SIM Card or iPhone to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable P2P or file sharing or use them in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers. If O2 reasonably suspect you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
Message 3 of 6

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
The iphone doesnt have the capability to be used as a modem.

However Tev32 is clearly right, You are not able to use your phone as a modem connected to your laptop in any way.

It can be done (I know) but its not advisable to do so.

I know this question has been raised so many times on hear already and the answer is always the same.

Sorry
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
My previous phones I have used to access the internet by using the phone as a modem on my pda and laptop. How can I do this with my iPhone?
Thanks
Robert

i had a play with an iphone at the weekend and i found it couldnt do much at all lol , came to the conclusion that a 30 quid phone from a supermarket is better if you actually want to use a phone instead of a hyped up pda .
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
The iphone is more of a media device really than a business handset. A business handset is the likes of a XDA range, HTC Range or Blackberrys.

Tev32
Message 6 of 6