cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've given up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 o2 phones. I've been trying to talk to someone on the phone and then through live chat on the website. It's impossible and too much sodding effort. Just spent 30 minutes on hold on the phone and Livevchat simultaneously. I now officially give up. If you can't have the will for proper customer service then I can't be bothered with you. I am off to ring round EE, VOdaphone etc and the winner is the first one I get through to. And yes I've been with o2 since 1996 so this isn't something taken lightly but trully I am now annoyed.

Brian

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Please don't go to Voda for your own sanity. EE aren't too bad and the number of dropped calls has been getting better of late.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can we help or maybe one of the O2 site management people here called @Toby @Anonymous or @Marjo
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
To add be sure any other network you choose supplies good signal by checking out their signal via payg SIM cards before you commit.
Message 4 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Make sure you're chosen network has the coverage in your normal commute areas...

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to upgrade probably to an iphone 6 but want to talk options as I might just buy the handset outright. Jus stopped for lunch and a bit calmer now. I'll give them one last chance on the phone rthrough (not so) customers service. Let's say 5 minutes on hold then I do EE. My colleague sitting opposite says that their customers ervice is pretty good. So here goes !!!

Message 6 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

If you've been happy with the coverage you get with O2 (and I have to presume you are as you've been with them since 1996) take a look at Tesco Mobile. They use the O2 network, and their tariffs are competitive. They also have their own version of Refresh tariffs.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 o2 phones. I've been trying to talk to someone on the phone and then through live chat on the website. It's impossible and too much sodding effort. Just spent 30 minutes on hold on the phone and Livevchat simultaneously. I now officially give up. If you can't have the will for proper customer service then I can't be bothered with you. I am off to ring round EE, VOdaphone etc and the winner is the first one I get through to. And yes I've been with o2 since 1996 so this isn't something taken lightly but trully I am now annoyed.

Brian

Go to which ever network is strongest.....if that is O2 then it might be best to keep trying.

Personally i ported to EE yesterday and its the first time in over 3 months ive seen the magic "3G" and "H+" symbols on my phone   Bouncy

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous
I've been with Vodafone for 2 weeks now and have nothing but praise, calls dealt with quickly everytime and always dealt with. Signal is better too.your call I guess
Message 9 of 17

GeorgeStark
  • 71 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I had exactly the same issue a few weeks ago...some evenings, the automated voice message would simply say "we're extremely busy and can't take your call at the moment" and disconnect me.  Nice.

Eventually, I ended up using LiveChat and chatted to a fantastically helpful woman, who even offered to call me directly and we sorted everything out over the phone.  She basically saved O2 from losing a very long standing customer.

Message 10 of 17