cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received a (new) damaged phone and O2 want me to pay to have it repaired.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having upgraded my wife's phone, upon its contract renewal to the Samsung S6, it appears the phone I was sent was damaged.

I'm currently serving in the British army and spend a lot of time away from home. I ordered the wife a new phone and didn't get hold of it until two weeks after it arrived in the post. 

My wife opened the phone, put it on charge over night and when she checked in the morning, there was a weird purple mark up one side of the screen, which got progressively worse, the longer it was left on. As we live in the middle of no where, the nearest shop is a 45 minutes drive away and as I was at work, we were unable to take it to the shop straight away. We alerted O2 of the fault the next day and they took it away for a check.

It now turns out that they are saying, there is a crack in the LCD display and that it was accidental fault and not covered in the warranty. Neither my wife, or I used the phone other than charging it up, It's been sat in the box for 2 weeks in a cupboard, so it was a faulty product sent to me. O2 now want me to pay for the repairs, which comes to around £260. 

Is there anyway around this? can I either get a new/repaired phone or get out of my contract?

or do I have to suck it up?

I've been with O2 for over 10 years and this is how they repay my loyalty, with a faulty product and a £260 bill and no phone.

Very disappointed, will be telling friends to stay away in O2 in the future. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

S6 phone. 

I wasnt aware that it was going to anyone but O2. They game me an envelope to post it away and I assumed as it was broken when we got it, we would get a new one. I didnt think they would do this. 

Message 11 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The big problem was sending it away for repair in the first place....

Yes but sadly people are unaware of the tricks and excuses Anova use to get out of any responsibility..

Always the users fault...always...(according to them)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Send it to Samsung,
Only a severe broken oled sheet will cause blackouts of colour, a "burnt" looking patch is something else
Message 13 of 15

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

The big problem was sending it away for repair in the first place....

Yes but sadly people are unaware of the tricks and excuses Anova use to get out of any responsibility..

Always the users fault...always...(according to them)

Always....and Christmas bonuses are due. It makes me so angry!

Message 14 of 15

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 15 of 15