cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know this is a stupid question

Anonymous
Not applicable

but you know what I'm like....

I take it I need to have data services On in order to get my emails on my Blackberry phone?

To explain, when my Blackberry phone was on my Virgin sim, I dunno whether data services were on or not but I certainly didn't need to pay for a bolt-on or anything and I got my emails on my phone no bother. It's only now that I've got my O2 sim in it. Smiley Embarassed

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

As mentioned, yes, you need to have Data Services on...otherwise the phone can only send and recieve calls/txts/MMS.

You may not have had had to add a bolt-on when with Virgin but they must have added the cost of the BlackBerry service into your tariff. Every owner of a Blackberry has to be connected to the BlackBerry Internet Service, and this means a charge of around £5 for UK customers, it all depends on the carrier as to how this is paid by customers.

N.B. the new BlackBerry OS10 phones (Z10 and Q10) dont need connection to the BlackBerry Service to work, they behave the same as any other smartphone when it comes to data

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

yes you do need data on.

if on payg change to this tariff https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/tariffs/blackberry?campaign=1008 see the bit at the bottom about how to swap to the tarif by text message

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

As mentioned, yes, you need to have Data Services on...otherwise the phone can only send and recieve calls/txts/MMS.

You may not have had had to add a bolt-on when with Virgin but they must have added the cost of the BlackBerry service into your tariff. Every owner of a Blackberry has to be connected to the BlackBerry Internet Service, and this means a charge of around £5 for UK customers, it all depends on the carrier as to how this is paid by customers.

N.B. the new BlackBerry OS10 phones (Z10 and Q10) dont need connection to the BlackBerry Service to work, they behave the same as any other smartphone when it comes to data

Message 3 of 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
There are no stupid questions, there are only those too stupid to ask and wonder why they got it wrong.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never a stupid question asked, only stupid people that don't ask them!
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was obviously just part of my monthly payment to Virgin.

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

How lovely of you.

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that.

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nothing is a stupid question mate slight_smile