cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like a top up (PAYG) SIM/deal - but to have DATA switched off

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Can O2 offer a service where I can obtain a top up service for calls and texts, and have NO DATA enabled on the SIM?

I have a smart phone, but am a very light user, in the past I have had software updates and this ate into my balance and I ended up getting a monthly package - which I don't get any benefit from.

Can O2 help/offer this service?

Thanking you in advance

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Post your suggestion here and if it gets enough support, O2 will look into it
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/community_ideas
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your guidance, here's hoping
Message 3 of 7

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
I have an O2 PAYG SIM in a basic phone (not smart) because I only need it for calls and texts.
There is no bundle so all the credit goes to calls and texts.
If you don't need data, why have a smartphone ?
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Twas a gift, but having a a great camera on hand, as well as setting/receiving reminders, alarms, calendar and notes. I was considering going back to an old style phone with a fab battery life, but typing this, makes me realise that's not gonna happen.... For me anyhow
Message 5 of 7

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I guess that is exactly what the technology giants want.

Soon Sir James Dyson will have his vacuum cleaners connecting to the internet so people can post videos from the onboard camera of their housekeeping on Facebook and YouTube.....:smileysad:

Having said that you can already get a robot vacuum cleaner able to be controlled by a smartphone.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 6 of 7

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous and welcome you to our community!

Do you know we have a special section for ideas: O2 Community Ideas section? It is where any community member can post an idea they have for O2 to look into and potentially put in place: Ideas that help customers, make processes more efficient, or help make a certain service or product easier to use. [more info about how to post an idea here] Please, feel free to add yours Good Idea

We hope to see you around Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 7 of 7