Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei p40 pro

Chris1990
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. Anyone know why O2 have not yet released the Huawei p40 Pro for sale yet?
O2 have asked me to upgrade but they haven't got the phone that I want and I don't want to clog there helplines with all that is going on right now.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Chris1990 

We'd only know if it was mentioned here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/coming-soon but apparently, there's no news about that phone yet.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android/Huawei-P40-P40-pro/m-p/1308211#M74277

@Chris_K  any help here?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I doubt O2 will stock any more Huawei devices.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

No new info on this device yet I'm afraid, but if or when that changes we'll keep folk updated here on the O2 Community, on our Social Media feeds, and on https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/coming-soon as mentioned above slight_smile

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Thanks @Chris_K thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

ScoobyDoo
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I've been wondering this myself, I'm on a SIM only contract but would like to get the Huawei P40 Pro yet there's been no mention of it at all by O2. I'm very disappointed by the lack of communication by O2 about most things. There's no option in their home pages to contact via email that I can see which is ridiculous, I don't want to ring up when they could so easily put it on their website as to whether they are intending to supply it or not. This may be a game changer for me and might leave O2 as a result.

They clearly stock the P30 Pro and P30 so you would have thought that the P40 Pro would have been made available for pre-order.

Message 6 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
If you can afford it then it may well be cheaper to move to sim only and buy the phone outright from amazon or another retailer.
Not sure if mobilephonesdirect will offer it on o2...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 11

ScoobyDoo
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi gmarkj, 

I see your point about looking elsewhere but I'm still concerned at O2's lack of interest in dealing with customers across the board. They clearly must be monitoring what's being said on sites like this. This is why an " open." forum is created so their management can take ideas and use them for themselves whilst basically using their customers whilst not allowing a truly transparent communication with individual customers with their concerns and queries.

I can only imagine that the lack of information and communication on the O2 home site is meaning it won't be available, yet they have the P30 and P30 Pro available. Wondering if this is due to the ongoing political issues between Huawei and Google and the accessiblity of Google and the security issues surrounding 5G, either way you would have thought there could have been compromises made by now between the companies and governments to bring this to a satisfactory conclusion for all involved. Otherwise I think that customers whom already have a Huawei phone should be afforded the relevant information to make informed choices for the future. 

I mean are O2 going to continue supporting Huawei at all or they intending to kick them to the kerb as it were.. It would be nice to know for everybody's sake. 

Message 8 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
We have no idea as the reason behind the decisions.
It used to be that you could get a phone o2 did not support via Carephone Warehouse, but they no longer work together - hence the MPD suggestion.
It might be as you say that as Google are not allowed to support the P40 they think there will not be enough demand to generate business for it. Who knows...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 11

Bola
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am also waiting for an update from o2 regarding the P40 pro series. I am very irritaed by the fact that o2 haven't thought it fit to give their consumers any form of information with regards to these phones.  The P40 Pro+ will be released in a few months. I now have my eye set on this but it seems o2 will not stock any Huawei phones post P30 series! The only reason I have stuck it out with o2 all these years is because of o2 refresh... I literally just found out that there are other numbers that do this (2 contracts) so I think it's time to look at other network providers out there...

Message 10 of 11