cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get 50% Discount on all O2 Airtime Tariffs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having been a loyal customer of o2 for over 15 years, my contract is now up and I am looking for an iphone 7 with a price/tariff that is realitive to the loyalty I have shown.

The only advice provided from India Capita Chat Centre was to 'find a friend' that works for o2 as they can get me 50% off tariffs...

Loyal customers get treated like rubbish, no attempts to keep them, same offers for anyone, absolute disgrace!! Loyal repeat customers are easier to keep than it is attract new customers, someone should really tell management that!!

Switch...switch...switch!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
If you pick 'you're thinking of leaving' when dialing 202 you'll go through to retentions who have the ability to offer you a deal to stick with 02.

As 02 apparently treat all customers the same you're not guaranteed to be offered a deal. But calling back and getting another cs agent can get you a deal when the last operator didn't offer one.
Message 2 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Good luck with any discount on a new iPhone...
Message 3 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Out of interest, and meaning no offence, but why does being a long term customer mean that a discount is owed?
I've been shopping in tescos 20 years, I don't start haggling at the tills.
Same with most ongoing services, it's a bonus if you get offered anything, it shouldn't be expected.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gindygoo, I called back and got told same story of no deals on new handsets. But they also do not offer discount on airtime packages...

Loyal customers should be rewarded with reduced airtime costs and then deals using the future discounts O2 will receive on handsets. They know in 6 months they will get the handsets for a lot less, deals are probably already agreed.

Not rocket science, just reward existing clients.

Message 5 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To be honest they have back orders coming out of their ears for iPhone.  They will sell quite easily without any sort of discount. Pure economics.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Virdis, thanks for your comment and your opinion.

Discount is not owed, but I feel loyalty should be rewarded and it can be done in many ways with discount or added extras.

In the 20 years you have not been tied to using Tesco exclusively for 2yrs at a time, signing contracts for X per month and charged for items you do not always require that month (ie, not all data or calls used)...O2 provided the agreed service I requested and I have no issues with that. That was purely your choice. Would you have still used them if the same products were cheaper elsewhere? At times they will have been and Tesco has rewarded your great loyalty with a huge amount of Tesco Club Card Points, price matchs, etc. It has worked for them and they have a very loyal customer by the sounds of it in you. 

Your example did not quite work, as myself a 'new' tesco customer & you would both buy a Tesco apple for 50p but your loyalty to Tesco will give you the points to cover it without reaching for your wallet.

My grumble is that I know I was not offered their best deal...loyalty means jack all these days, especially to the likes of o2 and thats been highlighted!!  The gentleman in the India Chat centre suggested I find an o2 employee after 5 or 6 comments as he was not authorised to provide discount. The guy on the phone was similar.

I am not looking for something for nothing, or even the 50% off, all I was looking for was a similar deal that I can achieve elsewhere with a small bonus for 15 yrs paying on time, never had a payment bounce or any complaints/issues at all from me. Repeat customers with positive feedback are much easier to retain than attracting new customers!!

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can see you point.

I got my phone direct from Apple so went down to sim only.

At the moment O2 are offering 2Gb data unlimited calls/texts for £18pm

My friend who has done the same with Three, Called them up and asked what they could do for her on a sim only basis and they said "As you have been a customer for four years, we can give you a discount" She now gets 8Gb data unlimited calls/texts for £17pm.

I think the main issue is that O2's prices have gone up compared to others and they don't seem too bothered by it. 

Message 8 of 8