cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to contact customer services?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, sorry to hack into your thread but does anyone know how to contact customer services without paying an arm and leg to telephone them?   I'm 77 years old and took out a contract two weeks ago with O2.  My phone has not been delivered and they tell me that my monthly payment will be taken from my bank on Wednesday.   I don't seem to be able to track my delivery on site any more (last check said "delayed")       Spent a while with customer services on chat line but they couldn't help.   Rang an 0844 number at 20.4p per minute (minimum, probably more from a landline) to be told I was in a queue so, not wanting the bill to mount up, I rang off.   I have now cancelled my direct debit as I don't really need  a good credit rating at my age.   Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

I'm not sure if this number still works, but it can't hurt to try it: 08000288151. 

You shouldn't have cancelled your direct debit. You signed a contract and you're still liable for it. Doesn't matter how old you are or if you care about your credit rating. You need to find out why you haven't received your phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bambino, thanks for the number, I'll give it a try.  I don't want to cancel my contract, all I want is my phone.   In my opinion, if anyone is reneging on the contract it is O2 who promised a working phone within 2 days.  I don't normally pay for an item that I haven't received.  

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

you do have a right to cancel a contract without penalty within a period of time under the distance selling regualtions

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sally, for anyone interested the distance selling regulations are as follows:-

"Your right to cancel an order

The Distance Selling Regulations state that your right to cancel an order starts the moment you place your order and doesn’t end until seven working days from the day after you receive your goods.

This is the minimum consumers must be given and many sellers choose to exceed this, so always check the terms and conditions in case you have longer to return your items.

As this seven-day working period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel, the seller can’t say that you must have returned the goods within this time frame.

Confirmation of your cancellation should be sent by email, letter or fax."

As I haven't recieved my goods yet, I still have at least 8 days grace.   Trouble is, I don't know where to send the email, letter or fax.

Message 5 of 5