cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take o2 to get back to new customers?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

I ordered a 32GB iPhone 3GS on a business contract on Wednesday of this week. I have an order ref., but the promised email confirmation is still outstanding. In order to track an order, users have to log in to o2 with the ID they were given at purchase time -- I didn't get such a login.

So I opted to log a call yesterday with customer services, just wondering if they could confirm the order was OK / that they were processing it. That was 24 hours ago, and still I've heard nothing.

So does anyone have any insight as to how long these orders take to fulfil, and why o2 don't communicate?!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
There may be a stock problem.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/stockupdate.html
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, yes I checked that before ordering, and nothing's changed in that regard -- black 32GB in stock both in shops and online. I just don't understand why a confirmation of order wasn't sent out via email as promised; every other online retailer does that!
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Phoned sales a while back, and after holding for nearly 15 mins, was told that everything was down at o2 HQ and that they would have to call me back. Not having a good week are they?

UPDATE: they came back to me, and Wednesday's order was sent out yesterday. How bizarre! Good news though slight_smile
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Turns out last Wednesday's order was NOT sent on the Thursday as stated by O2. I called again on Monday of this week to discover that the account had been accepted, nothing more. No handset stock == no delivery. So, a week from making my order, I am still without a confirmation of when the handset will be delivered. Good eh?

On the plus side, O2 have some more stock as of this morning, so fingers crossed some orders may actually get fulfilled.

Combine this with all the network issues and the website failure yesterday, and one has to wonder…
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 are removing it from inclusive minutes and it's for all customers, new or existing. I received a direct letter from o2 telling me this so it has to be true. Made me a bit mad though as I'm always ringing these numbers but won't now...grrrr....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah can understand the problems it causes when systems are down, by the by i am a CEA so had to take calls about this issue...the iPhones are in high demand, extremely high lol, we never expected it even working there, then following that due to APN validation we lost GPRS coverage all over the UK, which caused a lot of back up, then into that there is a few hours timescale between stock updates so to be fair it may show as in stock but the the next update its out of stock, high demand, stock goes quickly, it can be a problem, which we raise to get more up to date stock reports, i hope you get your phone as soon as possile, really do, but in the end we cant gaurantee it, stocks can run out at anytime when you want a handset in high demand, im sure you will have been put on back order so should be there soon, all the best to you
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can appreciate it's all gone crazy in o2 towers!

Well, I received a SIM in a DHL envelope yesterday, and this morning received a text about my number porting being completed today.

Still no idea about the actual iPhone handset though -- no tracking number, email, nada. Very odd.
Message 8 of 8