cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How hard is it to cancel an account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 seem too find it very hard to cancel an account when a phone was returned within the 14 day cooling off period. How hard is it to do this. O2 has had the phone back as confirmed over the phone but cant seem to be able to cancel account. I am not wasting my time phoning as it takes for ever to get through. The account should of been cancelled when the phone was returned so do it.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

It should be a simple process but we have all heard horror stories when things go wrong.

I appreciate you don't want to call but if it was me I would call and keep calling until the account was showing as cancelled.

Message 2 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
And don't cancel any direct debit,
You don't want a negative mark on credit score due to O2 messing up.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have come across people who on sending their phone back and the cancellation / refund has not been processed , it is because it's not been scanned back in at the returns dept.

I appreciate your opinion on making the call but if it was me I would.
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

O2 has had the phone back as confirmed over the phone but cant seem to be able to cancel account. I am not wasting my time phoning as it takes for ever to get through. 

If you have already had confirmation that the phone has been received, your account will update automatically, at some point.

We, as customers cannot tell you when that will be.

If you want a definitive answer you will have to call again or try live chat slight_smile

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Three times I phone also used the on line chat and each time I was told the account will be cancelled but will take 24hrs to do so. One agent even guaranteed me 101% that it will close within 24hrs. Did not happen

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
As you have to give 30 days notice the account will not close immediately, unless you use your PAC on another network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

You should get a final bill but as @MI5 says, you won't notice it on the account until then.

Message 8 of 8