Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: How do you manage stress?

Wise words!
Highlighted
Topics: 573

@TallTrees wrote:
When posting a reply to @Anonymous Freddie mercury, another destresser for me was singing along (loudly) to fav songs ☺ out of earshot considering others! In car is good. On way to stress, unwound by then. My animals too, looking after them great for me. Clearing and cleaning up garden this week I was helped along with two robins each keeping to their boundaries. Jumping on and in front of my rubber rake, picking up little bugs. They are so funny. Natural or Nature anything real, art, making things, remember wood working? Remember hobbies?
Unfortunately social media is easy. It's good but humans need reality, interests. I notice that the ordinary things in life are being forgotten. Walking on beach looking at rock pools or in parks looking at the trees style of leaves. Just meeting friends.
Not getting better either with Virtual Reality being pushed by cash driven companies.
I'm not on a soapbox I'm doing or have done what I preach and moving seemlessly into new tech which I love.

Great post @TallTrees and very well put. I need distraction. Too much time in thinking leaves me in a dangerous place. One failed attempt months ago and I know I'm not safe when I sit alone with just my demons for company.

Highlighted
Anonymous

It’s sounds obvious, but you have to deal with the underlying issues that are causing that stress in the first place. Just talking through those problems can be a good starting point in releasing pent-up feelings of stress and anxiety, and it’s surprising how much better you feel when you’ve got something off your chest.

Highlighted
Topics: 123

Count to 10...

Draft that e-mail response, but don't send it until you've been away for a while (overnight, or after a short break for codffee or lunch)...

Just walk somewhere for a few minutes...

Bubblewrap?

I am trying to remember if I liked the film "Anger Management", with Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler, among others... Probably not, but I do find that anger and stress are so intertwined.

There are some well-intentioned methods in this funny clip, but things just don't seem to go right for this guy.

Wouldn't it be good if we changed colour in accordance with our mood and/or stress level? Crazy

Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Highlighted
Topics: 743

@pgn wrote:

Count to 10...

Draft that e-mail response, but don't send it until you've been away for a while (overnight, or after a short break for codffee or lunch)...

Just walk somewhere for a few minutes...

Bubblewrap?

I am trying to remember if I liked the film "Anger Management", with Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler, among others... Probably not, but I do find that anger and stress are so intertwined.

There are some well-intentioned methods in this funny clip, but things just don't seem to go right for this guy.

Wouldn't it be good if we changed colour in accordance with our mood and/or stress level? Crazy

No I would probably remain red @pgn. Thats very unflattering to my skin tone...joy

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread. There's some really useful info here! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm guessing without biking as an option I'll resort to blasting music to while away the hours / days / weeks...

Highlighted
Level 30: Meditator

I have a bike and a three wheeler bike!!  I am not very good at riding a bike @Anonymous so I envy you a lot.  I love my three wheeler ~ I never fall off that!  Can't sing on that hasn't got a CD player ! (yet) grin but don't need that I talk to people on way!  Quite a few horses with riders pass by too, enjoying the company of everyone.

Love it!  Have good cycle and walking paths nearby ~ I can't go on road I am a danger!  kissing heart

Highlighted
Anonymous

Bikes are fab. Faster than walking, cheaper than a car
Highlighted
Topics: 573

@Anonymous wrote:
Bikes are fab. Faster than walking, cheaper than a car

And don't hurt as much when they run into you!!