Did you mean: 

How do you manage stress?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone!

It's normal to feel stressed from time to time, but when stress becomes overwhelming and persistent, it can be very damaging to both mental and physical health.

I came across a recent article that lists some stress-management apps that you can download on your mobile. Have you tried any that you can recommend?

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 11.08.41.png

I also read that simple tasks can also play a part in stress management, especially with the type of stress that hasn’t yet formed into something overwhelming. Things that you can do in your day-to-day life such as while doing the dishes. This article lists some surprising ways to reduce stress: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/changepower/201602/11-easy-and-unexpected-ways-reduce-stress

Most of us have probably felt stressed at some point, especially when in working life or studying. It would be great to hear from the community what normally works for you, if you’ve tried any stress-management apps on your mobile device, and also if you have any other tips to share that you have tried and found helpful? smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Going outside and taking some deep breaths helps me quite a bit.

Message 21 of 26

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Upon reflection, @Cleoriff, perhaps best not to wear our emotions on our sleeve... where's the beauty in growling loudly at soeone when they dare suggest how that particular outfit makes your bum look big, or that particular dress shirt looks needs to be a size or two larger... rolling_eyes

Stressed Sylvester.gif

(edited for content, a chunk got lost as I put the GIF in ther...!)

Message 22 of 26

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

As I'm super-stressed at the moment (That's why I'm less online here as usual), I try to be on tour all the time. Doing things. I even bought wool to learn how to knit ( @EmilieT inspired me xD) ... Sadly I'm not in the mood to watch shows 😞

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 23 of 26

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@ComaChameleon Good to hear I inspired you with the wool and crafts hugging I find it very good as well to keep busy and distract my mind from the source of stress, whether it's by going for a walk, watching some shows, cooking, ... When that's not possible a few deep breaths can go a long way as @Anonymous said!

There's so much good advice in this thread, thanks everyone for sharing your experience and tips, it's very interesting smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 24 of 26

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10659 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Bikes are fab. Faster than walking, cheaper than a car

And don't hurt as much when they run into you!!

Well I fell off my bike ~ but it brought me down to earthfrowning2

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 25 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Bikes are fab. Faster than walking, cheaper than a car

And don't hurt as much when they run into you!!

Well I fell off my bike ~ but it brought me down to earthfrowning2

how do you fal off a three-wheeler ....screamjoy

Message 26 of 26