Did you mean: 

How do I simplify using my phone?

Tota11yc0nfus3d
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya,

I've just taken over my daughter's iphone7 and took out a SIM only contract with O2.  I wanted to keep my mobile number, from my lovely, simple Nokia brick, and this has now been transferred. As you can probably guess, I am not a technological whizz! I am having to log on to my new phone using my daughter's details, even though she thought she had wiped it, and my number keeps coming up as the original SIM on my text messages, etc. I feel like I'm now dealing with 3 sets of details and have no idea how to make the necessary changes to simplify this. Help!

Janine

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Tota11yc0nfus3d 

Go to Settings >Phone >My number and change it to your number.

Save it and restart your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Tota11yc0nfus3d
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya,

Thank you so much for replying.

I have tried to follow your instructions but there appears to be some complications.

Firstly, I have had to use my daughter's details to log in.

Secondly, I am changing my daughter's details to my own.  This is very worrying as my daughter has a new iphone and she is concerned that I will be altering the details she needs for her new phone. I hope that makes sense! 

Any suggestions? I knew I should have stuck with the Nokia brick. Haha.

Janine

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Tota11yc0nfus3d 

It won't change any details on your daughters phone at all.

If you are also using your daughters apple ID you should create your own and use that instead too.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204316

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Tota11yc0nfus3d
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya,

Just a brief update on my current situation as it may help others in the future.

Unfortunately, it did effect my daughter's phone but luckily we had only made one small change which was easily corrected.

We worked out that my daughter had to go on to O2 and disable her old phone from her network.

Once we had done that I deleted/wiped everything on the phone and then shut it down.

When I turned it back on I received the "Hello, Halo, etc.," and I was then able to enter my details.

Thanks for your help.

Janine

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Just deleting her apple ID from your phone and using your own would have done the same thing as I said above.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Thanks for letting us know you got it working and how you did it @Tota11yc0nfus3d

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 7