cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I report a nuisance ‘No Caller ID’ number?

AmyLou
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

About 6 months ago I received calls from a No Caller ID number - with no over exaggeration this number would legitimately call me around 50 times a day, all through the night and sometimes up until 5am. I did answer a number of times but there was always silence at the end of the phone.

This went on for about 6 weeks and then stopped.

Suddenly it has started once again. It’s getting too much now. I don’t want to have to change my phone number because of one person who has nothing better to do with their sad little lives.

I can’t remember how I reported it last time, and I’m struggling to find the relevant links for it like I did last time as it isn’t malicious as such? But I do remember a conversation I had with someone from either o2 of Telefonica stating they had the contact number, couldn’t give it to me but told me what network it was on.

Has anyone had similar issues and how did you resolve this?

I’m trying to think of the most annoying/ excruciating sound I can think of to play next time they call...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@AmyLou 

O2 advice here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages 

A referees whistle down the phone should be sufficient wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@AmyLou 

What a nightmare. I know you say you don't want to change your number but it really is the only option if you want to stop this harassment.

You are allowed one change free of charge.

You could also report it to the police but it's a time consuming process and I'm not sure you want to leave it that long.

To change your number, give customer services a call Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Depending on your phone @AmyLou , there should be a setting to block all withheld and unknown numbers. 

On android open the calls settings and it will be in there. Leave them blocked for a month and hopefully they will have given up. At least you won't be bothered by the phone keep ringing.

Message 4 of 5