cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find out what number I topped up?

Anonymous
Not applicable

A few months ago I apparently topped up a new sim card, but stupidly failed to write down the number, and now can't locate the sim card. The confirmation email from O2 has the date, the amount, last 4 digits of the card I used, and the transaction number, but having tried both Live Chat and phoning CS, the above information still doesn't enable them to give me the phone number. The guy on the phone said the investigation team will speak with the bank and the number will be barred, I explained to him that I dont want the number barred, I don't think he really understood what had happened (the point I was making to him was that it's crazy for to be able to take money from my account, and confirm that by email, but then later when asked what it was for, not have the details…) Anyway...

Does anyone know how I can find out the phone number I topped up so that I can order a replacement sim card?

(PS Before anyone says it, yes I know I'm completely stupid for not having written down the number, and then having lost the sim – god knows how those two things happened! lol)

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you have ever registered for My O2 the number should be in there. I'm fairly sure that o2 have a Web based system where a transaction number can be entered and a mobile number produced. It's a matter of speaking to the right person though.

Did you get an etop up card with the sim and if so did you register it?

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you have ever registered for My O2 the number should be in there. I'm fairly sure that o2 have a Web based system where a transaction number can be entered and a mobile number produced. It's a matter of speaking to the right person though.

Did you get an etop up card with the sim and if so did you register it?

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have My O2, as I had a contract with O2 up to a year or so ago, but I never added the new sim, so all that is on there is the last bill for my old number, now disconnected (well, ported elsewhere actually).

Yes that's what I thought - surely someone can do this, otherwise customers could just challenge all the payments they've made, and O2 would have to concede! But finding someone to help me do that isn't easy... hopefully the investigation team will come back to me positively.

It's not a lot of money btw - just £10 top up, with £20 bonus, so £30 in total that I was planning to use when on holidays abroad. But it's the principle - I'll be annoyed if I've paid for something, then stupidly just lost it... 😕

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

They can do it quite easily @Anonymous I had a payg phone which I stopped using when I got my new contract phone. When I had problems with the contract phone I wanted to take my old PAYG with me to Spain as a back up. I had to ring CS to remind me of the number as I had forgotten it. They gave it to me immediately...

Ring again. (Incidentally I never used live chat I just phoned 4445)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess I'll leave it a couple of days to see what this 'investigation team' comes up with, and if nothing, I'll call them again. Thanks. slight_smile

Message 6 of 6