cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How 4g is promoted

Anonymous
Not applicable
I renewed my contract with O2 only because you advertised that coverage in my area was good. Since upgrading I've never had 4g and I've been told on for occasions over the last month that is because of maintenance work. If this was explained to me at the start I probably would have gone with EE as my partner receives great 4g coverage from them. I just feel in not getting the service I signed up for!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You can check for any truth in the info you are given by entering your postcode here http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem is how 4g is advertised before you buy it and what its like in reality
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 don't give out 4g rollout info unfortunately and its a case of watching here and through the link given.

They have this as an indication. http://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

Personally I get approx 50mpbs 4g speeds where I live.
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I'm not disputing that, but there is always the option for you to try any network with a PAYG sim card before committing to a long term contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be fair all the networks are the same. EE have been advertising 4gee here for months even though at the time there was hardly any 4g in the South West. In Devon there still isn't much but they still push it in the shops. It isn't right but just being balanced to show they are all the same
Message 6 of 6