cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrified customer

Anonymous
Not applicable
This morning I have opened 3 default notices from o2! That would be reasonable if I was a nightmare customer and dodged payments, but I have about 7 different contracts running and am rarely late making a payment. The three notices are regarding payments they tried to take on bank holidays (Christmas Day and 28th Dec - boxing bank holiday) when there was plenty of funds to recover payment in my account however my bank chose not to even show the direct debit on my internet banking. The default notices are dated 3rd January so o2 literally gave it a few working days, without alerting me to the issue, before they ruined my credit score! Thanks for that.. not! I'm trying to apply for a mortgage and this may have ruined it.
Just spoke to someone on the customer service number and I can't even call the right department, I have to email. I've made the payments but am stuck with 3 default notices through no fault of my own and have to waste my time detailing everything again in an email then again with my bank. Not a happy customer, seriously considering taking all my accounts elsewhere. Why could you not just text or send a letter stating my bank did not honour the direct debit before jumping to 3 default notices?!? I had the money to pay and always did! I don't think I ever missed a payment on any of my accounts through the whole of 2015
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
This really needs looked at them by O2. Even if they legally can issue a default days after a missed payment, its completely immoral, whether the it was the customers error or not. @Toby, surely this has been fed back. O2 should not be issuing default after such a short period of time... Especially when they themselves are at fault.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 21 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

^^^^

Exactly the whole point in a nutshell....o2 sit there happy with their actions and seem to care less how their systems are completely inadequate to serve their customers needs. No one likes debt and to be put on a debtors list through no fault of their own is disgraceful and immoral. How long do o2 need to fix their farcical payment system? Around 6 weeks already but hey no rush, it's not like it's remotely important to them.

Message 22 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144219 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
Yes, I believe @viridis has been in communication with Toby regarding this issue already?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 25

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Well, this needs fixed soon. Surely they don't want Martin Lewis or similar getting wind of this b@lls up wink

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 24 of 25

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear about this! I'm Toby, the community manager. Feel free to send me a private message and I can see if we can help. Alternatively, wait for a response to your complaint and come to me if you need further assistance.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 25 of 25