Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hit & Miss 'notifications'

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes I get an email sayinging WispaRed7 has been mentioned on the forum

Sometimes I don't

It could possible be I've been de-friended ? ... Don't know

However, yesterday I realised had not received a notification from @Martin-O2 & only picked it up when I was getting up to date with Off Topic

Anyone else experiencing this ?

Is it a result of the 'New Look' Community Home Page(s) ?

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

Agreed @Glory1 missing messages from members especially PM ~ I asked how do we know when

there is a PM because no notification shows ~ has that been fixed yet?  I don't know as don't 

get many.

Hi @TallTrees. I was about to reply to your post but see @Cleoriff has answered your question.

Wasn't ignoring you, only just received email notification of your post. A bit ridiculous as you posted just before 5pm and it's now gone 9pm. I should have received an email notification just after you posted not over 4 hours later. Makes it lookas if I couldn't be bothered to answer you, which isn't the case.

I'm in and out of the forum as I use my phone for other things as well. In fact, I was playing a game until DOI started. And rely on the notifications so I know if I need to reply to anyone, like you. 

This is driving me nuts.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 11 of 41

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Hi @Glory1 Yeah that cleo like a rocket 🚀
Thanks for your reply, worse than I thought. Fortunately I know that you're not like that, actually that delay is ridiculous. What the heck is DOI 😐

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 12 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:
Hi @Glory1 Yeah that cleo like a rocket 🚀
Thanks for your reply, worse than I thought. Fortunately I know that you're not like that, actually that delay is ridiculous. What the heck is DOI 😐

In case @Glory1 doesn't see your post till later @TallTrees, Cleo (the rocket) will tell you that DOI is Dancing On Ice...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 41

TallTrees
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Hi there cleo @Cleoriff
Yep could be hours days years, if the delays get worse. So most obliged😊
I thought it may have been a game on forum.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 14 of 41

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:
Hi there cleo @Cleoriff
Yep could be hours days years, if the delays get worse. So most obliged😊
I thought it may have been a game on forum.

Apologies @TallTrees I really shouldn't abbreviate titles and assume everyone is going to know what I'm talking about; my bad.

And thank you @Cleoriff (The Rocket) for yet again helping out. Surprise, surprise I've had no notification email with @TallTrees' question about DOI, also known as Dancing on Ice. 

I see I'm going to have to read my unread posts rather than relying on my email notifications plus new topics to keep up-to-date.

Oh joy clown

Message 15 of 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

It's a Catch 22 @Glory1

At the start of the morning, I check my emails from here and respond (if needed) to them.

THEN I work from Unread posts, which is fine as I can see everything posted.

EXCEPT Private Messages. Unless I do a random check, then I have to flick back to emails to see if one has been sent.

Whoever thought up this new layout/system should go back to website design school!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 41

TallTrees
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Ho no problem though @Glory1

we can fall back Ouch! on "our" cleo!  (sorry cleo):heart_eyes:

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 17 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I'll just mention here, that I have posted 4 times this morning. I have had NO email notification from any of the posts I have just made.

@Marjo, @Martin-O2 @EmilieT

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 41

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

It's a Catch 22 @Glory1

At the start of the morning, I check my emails from here and respond (if needed) to them.

THEN I work from Unread posts, which is fine as I can see everything posted.

EXCEPT Private Messages. Unless I do a random check, then I have to flick back to emails to see if one has been sent.

Whoever thought up this new layout/system should go back to website design school!

Well they should definitely go somewhere @Cleoriff but the forum filter won't allow me to use the word I have in mind, and if I attempt to bypass the filter the word will be removed by a manager. But you get my drift.

I never read unread posts because, as I think you and several others have mentioned, it doesn't take you to the last post but the very beginning of the thread. A pain in the ......

Never mind these things are sent to test us, and test us they do!!!!

Message 19 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

I never read unread posts because, as I think you and several others have mentioned, it doesn't take you to the last post but the very beginning of the thread. A pain in the ......

Ah this is where we differ then. The part where it takes you to the start of the thread (or the last part you read earlier) is exactly how it should work.

I like to read EVERYTHING posted on the forum (whether I actually post on it or not) I  find that a great way to continue to learn new stuff, or remind myself of things I have forgotten.

I can also see if posts are in the correct section. If they aren't I can report them and ask for them to be moved.

It also helps when you see a new poster has given themself the solution when it should have gone to someone else.

So Unread posts are my way of checking on 'everything'...pretty much LOL

Edited to add: Some people rely heavily on notifications. I never read them at all. No point if I read every unread post.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 41