Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hit & Miss 'notifications'

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes I get an email sayinging WispaRed7 has been mentioned on the forum

Sometimes I don't

It could possible be I've been de-friended ? ... Don't know

However, yesterday I realised had not received a notification from @Martin-O2 & only picked it up when I was getting up to date with Off Topic

Anyone else experiencing this ?

Is it a result of the 'New Look' Community Home Page(s) ?

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
I'm having a slightly weird issue today.
I mainly use the unread posts page to see what has happened since I was last on.
Where the new posts are on a guide/review, there is a known issue that takes you to the first post - but everywhere else it used to take you to the first unread post.
Today, it is doing a mixture of both regardless of what part of the forum the post is on - sometimes I get taken to the original post and have to find the latest unread one, other times it takes me straight there.
Annoying!!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 31 of 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122924 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
I'm having a slightly weird issue today.
I mainly use the unread posts page to see what has happened since I was last on.
Where the new posts are on a guide/review, there is a known issue that takes you to the first post - but everywhere else it used to take you to the first unread post.
Today, it is doing a mixture of both regardless of what part of the forum the post is on - sometimes I get taken to the original post and have to find the latest unread one, other times it takes me straight there.
Annoying!!!

Not experiencing that with unread posts @gmarkj (fingers crossed)

Still getting the ridiculous glitch of taking you to the first post for reviews or how to guides though and spending ages scrolling through.

As this has been a problem for years, I really think those guides/reviews should be locked after a week.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 41

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Cleoriff @MI5

That's part of the feedback we've gathered, and as @Marjo mentioned in the main homepage feedback topic we're hoping to have a catch up soon with the wider team to look through everything you've reported so far (including this point), and clarify what we can work on next and when. slight_smile

And let's not forget the issue that read posts and posts you have made are showing sometimes as unread. Lithium have had many months to try an fix this. Maybe it's time to find a host who actually care or who have the necessary skills to fix issues with this website. I get the impression that problems are put in a very long list of TO DO and that other sites are a higher priority for them.

....and that community header and search box....!!

Message 33 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply to my thread @EmilieT

Sorry, I was not on the Community yesterday for private family reasons

Thank you all on the Community for backing me up & adding relevant points of your own

Destroy

Message 34 of 41

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good news everyone, Lithium has identified the issue and it should now be resolved! thumbsup

If any of you still experience problems with not receiving certain email notifications, please send me a Private Message with the details of which notification and when that occured so I can raise it. slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 35 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122924 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Thanks @EmilieT  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 41

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35932 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

As one who also missed a PM from @EmilieT as I never received an email, I can only say (if it is truly fixed!): Thank you, @EmilieT.

Now bring back the little envelope (with or without a number, just the indicator would be great!) next to Messages, to say you have new PMs waiting, and I shall be...

20**Personal info** 13_18_58-Today’s idiom_ “Over the moon”. _ Hägar Language School.png

Message 37 of 41

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@pgn  That's part of the feedback we've gathered and passed on following the homepage launch, we'll share updates with you on the next steps as soon as we can. slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 38 of 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Now that's a cool idea @pgn the envelope appears against Messages, when you have a PM(s).

I'll just settle for a number wink

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 39 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122924 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

We used to have an envelope with a number next to it....I would be happy with anything which INDICATED we had any number of PM's waiting.

I must have had an email failure when I logged on. I was aware I had one PM, and actually 3 were sitting there waiting an answer. thumbsdown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 41