Did you mean: 

Hi folks back still with a touch of email mysteryies

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi   

with all this tennis, football , sun and swimming and Scotland Ive been out of touch.

Im getting my head round a smartphone at last with Amplicomms duffers phone , Gradually moving over to Android version.  At last .  But my hotmail email is still misbehaving. Invoices , tickets etc were disappearing unbidden into delete or the ether.  That being the case the email adress for a lot of business type emails was changed . 

However today i found emails from friends (with attachments ) diving into the delete box. They were 3-6 days old found by chance

Ineveitably hotmail will become a thing of the past after 25yrs.  Ive heard others have experienced this too but no explanation. Any boffins heard of this and a reason.

BLUE FOR NHS    happy birthday       U do wonderful things . Special Greetings to Dr Greg Baginski. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You might want to consider Outlook or gmail.
Both are pretty decent email clients.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I don't know many people who actually use hotmail now to be honest. You could try deleting the account and setting it up again with the default settings but you should seriously be switching now rather than waiting the demise of hotmail. As said, Outlook or Gmail are both ok but Gmail in my opinion gives you more options.

I endorse your support for the wonderful NHS Fantastic

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Jenny105I use both. Outlook and Gmail. Never had a problem with either of them if honest....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Use both email providers.
Hotmail/Outlook/Microsoft have recently changed how it all works by trying to categorise your emails, which is pretty rubbish as now stuff doesn't appear straight away.
But I haven't had emails going straight to bin/trash unless I put them there, but the Junk folder does catch things it shouldn't sometimes...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I have Outlook set up like this (On my PC)

Top email section is for my BTinternet address. Second section is for my Gmail

(I don't have any junk mail coming directly into inbox in either section)

However, if there are any problems, I have Gmail in Chrome and BT Internet I can access from BT.com

Outlook.PNG

I haven't captured all of gmail which has a junk folder and an outbox.

However, I need to get rid of a few of those sections which I don't use....but it's a new PC and I haven't got round to it yet....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi Thanks for this. Excuse the delay in replying.   Im using an aol address temporarily.  So all is well.

Can you give the steps for dividing emails into sections. I may go bact to Outlook in the future and it would be helpful to know..

I still have my old account as its taking a while to sort and divert everyting. After 25 yrs theres bound to be a  few people not in my contacts list that one day will use this address. Also there a lot of saved items that are very important.

Message 7 of 12

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi   

Hotmail became part of Outlook some time ago.  Im using another email provider for now but may revert to a full Outlook account in future. Being a provider that enters ones laptop not via web is better I'm told. Yet Hotmail was doing that........ I guess.

Mystery head_bandage

Message 8 of 12

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Yes thanks

I did switch I already had another email account elsewhere . so Im using that for now . Til I fathom out why its better to have an email account that enters your laptop , not one one signs into on the net.

Message 9 of 12

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks for this. It is strange . I did work out that I had personally prevented emails with certain phrase in it. However Hotmail was trashing emails with any words from that phrase.

All is well with my new email and I'll stick with that until I find out out why its better to have an email that is directed into laptop  and not signed into on the web . 

One step at a time tho

Message 10 of 12