Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help or advice regarding M&J Acquisitions

Hzo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Does anyone have any experience with or can offer any advice regarding the “company” - I use that term loosely - above?
Me & my partner switched to them on a business contract back in 2017.
They seemed overly helpful at first & couldn’t do enough for us. Then came the problems.....
They had promised to buy us out of our existing contracts with 3 & EE, which we had to pay ourselves in the end & wait to be reimbursed by them - by which time a default was put onto our credit file.
The account manager is absolutely impossible to get hold of - unless they want something from us.
We were then offered upgrades if we signed on for another 18 months which to be honest we did on the spur of the moment & regret....
Unbeknown to us they’ve actually put us on another 3 year contract to 2022, we have no upgraded phones, & they’re now saying to us that they never promised this....THE NEW PHONES WERE THE ONLY REASON WE AGREED TO RENEW THE CONTRACT IN THE FIRST PLACE.
We’ve since learnt that they’re not even an official partner, they are a third party provider through plan.com.

Is this even legal? We’ve never heard of signing a new contract without getting a new handset, plus we were specifically told it was an 18 month contract & we feel like we’ve been deliberately misled.
Does anyone know where we stand with this? Any help would be appreciated right now.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Hzo 

was it a guy called Jason, by any chance? 

If you do a quick search on the forum you will see that these scumbags have cropped up many times before. 

I’d  suggest you seek legal advice in order to escape their clutches as I’m sure they don’t employ legal tactics. 

The crux will be whatever you have in writing from them though.....: 

Good luck as I fear you will need it. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or a lady called Isabelle I believe has also been mentions as being a part of these scum bags. This sort of practice should be outlawed & o2 should not associate with trash like these crooks
Message 3 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Hzo  If you look at the links @Cleoriff posted you will see that people have had varying degrees of success in dealing with this atrocious company. As @MI5  said earlier, a lot will depend on what you have in writing from them. If you don't have anything concrete, you could be stuck. The links posted had tagged our community admin, so I will do the same here in the hope that one of them might be able to assist you. @Martin-O2@Marjo@EmilieT 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 9

Hzo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, the atrocious Jason was the person we were dealing with. Full of empty promises eh!!
Thank you to everyone for replying we really appreciate it. Hopefully someone at O2 will be able to assist
Message 6 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Hzo, and welcome to the community Wave

I'm sorry to hear about your current situation, and I can certainly get someone on my end to look into what we could do to help - I'll send you a Private message shortly to get a few more details first slight_smile

Thanks @Bambino for the mention thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 9

Bev13yorks
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, i’m In a similar situation with this company.  Foolishly signed up to them a couple of years ago after a cold call from them offering me a money saving and an upgrade of my phone etc.  Thought it was odd that they set me up as a business on a business account but all seemed well and ok.  Took a call from them in November last year offering me a slight money saving for a bit more data and a slight extension on the term of my contract.  It appears now i can only upgrade after 18months with them but the full term of the contract is 30months.  I have a company phone now so enquired about leaving my contract with plan.com/m & J acquisitions to find out it would cost me £1200+

i’ve Been waiting for a call from them for a fortnight to get an explanation but i reckon i’m Stuck unless anyone can help me? 

I thought phone contracts these days part paid for the handset and part paid for the useage etc of minutes and texts and data etc?

anyone any ideas?  Thanks

Message 8 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Tagged admin on your other post.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9