cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello and goodbye

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been with o2 for a good number of years but had enough
On a refresh contract and was trying to upgrade, 100 mile round trip to o2 shop and they could not offer prices displayed on website, staff that are just plain not interested,  40 mins on hold for customer services for phone to go dead, 1hr 35mins on Chat with 5 different operators to be fobbed off, a website that does a "verified by visa transaction" then fails.
Add in no data service within 50 miles, removal of all hotspots within 50 miles, round trip of 380 miles for a "rewards" cinema ticket.

Time to smile nicely and move on - wonder how many hours I will need to spend on phone to pay off contract?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well now a week on
1 visit to o2 shop

2 Email requests for unlock code and termination of contract

Over 3.5 hours in total on hold on phone and still never been connected

Several communications with o2 via facebook

Whats my options? thinking only thing left is to cancel direct debit and wait on them contacting me

Message 11 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
They won't contact you as others have found. I strongly advise you not to take that course of action if you don't want default letters and bailiffs knocking on your door. Not to mention the detrimental effect on your credit file and your chances of getting a contract with anyone else.
Message 12 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:
They won't contact you as others have found. I strongly advise you not to take that course of action if you don't want default letters and bailiffs knocking on your door. Not to mention the detrimental effect on your credit file and your chances of getting a contract with anyone else.

No such things as Baliliffs in Scotland, they would need to go to court and I have kept a detailed list of all attempts at communication, just totally frustrated at whole experience and taking up way too much of my time

Message 13 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
They do have sheriffs tho don't they.

The programmes I've watched on Tv - Bailiff Style - they seem to be more aggressive then their Uk Counterparts in getting re payments.
Message 14 of 25

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Well you need to take whatever course of action you deem fit. I give my opinion with due respect. Whether you choose to ignore it is up to you. There will only be one loser. It won't be O2 and it won't be me.

Just saying. ...

Message 15 of 25

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Well you need to take whatever course of action you deem fit. I give my opinion with due respect. Whether you choose to ignore it is up to you. There will only be one loser. It won't be O2 and it won't be me.

Just saying. ...

This is 100% correct - The next course of action for you should be an official complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Just saying. ...

Jonsie

I didnt mean anything derogatory about your advice. While I am in contract with o2 they are also in contract with me, withholding payment with justifiable reason is a legitimate and legal course of action, if one cannot contact and or get no response from published forms of contact then there "may" be a breach of contract on the part of the supplier.
A court will always take into consideration the reason for any action and as my wish is to pay in full my contract as part of my terms and conditions of contract and they are deliberately delaying or otherwise causing delays in me doing so which in turn causes me expense and is therefore justifiable ( in my belief) for me to reduce the impact of this additional expense.
Large companies will always try and intimidate disgruntled customers with threats of Bailiffs, Sheriffs or big people with baseball bats but it doesnt mean they are right, consumer law is complicated and tends to favour the consumer especially where the company fails to deal with the issue in question.
FTR the complaint was raised last Monday, as was request to unlock and terminate contract - to no avail, several attempts to phone including another one today have failed. I have not went down this route yet but now has to be considered.

The overall customer service is plain shocking

Message 17 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wait for it.................................. After 45 mins on hold I spoke to someone - for her to tell me systems were down and could not access my account

You cant make this stuff up
Message 18 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
No I agree you couldn't.

😞

You'd think their would be some ivr message stating as such so a person could end the call and try again later !!
Message 19 of 25

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
There has to be something very wrong with the system to "still" be down - They were using that "excuse" over 2 weeks ago 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 25