Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hauwiei /Samsung

Gg89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi has anyone any experience with both a samsung/Huawiei?I have an s9 at the minute but unsure to go for the s10 or the hauwiei pro?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Personal choice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I haven't personally used a Samsung for a numbe rof years, although my wife and my son both have.  Samsungs are good phones, but they do come pre-loaded with an awful lot of bloatware. 

I currently have a Huawei P20 Pro, and it is an excellent phone, if not prone to oddities now and again.  The interface takes some getting used to.  I guess it really does depend on how heavily you use a phone and how techy you are because a lot of features are hidden away.

I'm not a fan of the interface for either Huawei, or Samsung (although I haven't used Samsung in a while as I say so not sure what imporvements may have been made).

I always liked the HTC Sense interface and it's a real shame that HTC went the way they did, because I thought their phones were excellent (last one I got was the M8).

OnePlus' Oxygen is a good interface too.  I had the 3T and noticed a distinct lack of bloatware which was a much added bonus and breath of fresh air, although that may have changed as they have got more popular.

Having said all this I am probably going with a Samsung next (contract due for renewal soon), as it is my protest against China, and on O2, you take away chinese manufacturers, and Apple (can't stand them), you don't have a lot of choice.

Thanks

Steve
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I have been a Samsung fan since I first got a smartphone. Never had one which let me down at all. (Cross my fingers that my Note 8 doesn't blow up) rofl

There again, I'm not keen on trying out new devices. I know how Samsung works so am happy to stay with that.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Samsung has always been my choice but the best phone I had was the Honor 20View until a recent disagreement with a washing machine!

Message 5 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Have a Samsung for work, and not a great fan of the UI.
Personal phone is an LG which is good.
Have had Sonys in the past and like them too.
You could always install a different app/theme if you prefer one over another.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 6