cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else had problems?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I wondered if anyone else had had a similar problem: last Monday evening I (thought)bought an i phone online as it was after 7pm I wasn't expecting it the next day but did think it would arrive on Weds. I recieved a 'thank you for your order' email but no confirmation or delivery info, 'My O2' tracking said in progress - long story short, after four phone calls totalling 2:15 mins I'm still no nearer to getting my phone, no one seems to know why it hasn't been dispatched or be able to sort out the problem. I asked the person I spoke to on Sunday if it would be dispatched within 48hrs and he said it would be 24, but guess what...

I've had promises of calls back, but nothing, to be honest I don't know what to do next other than cancel the order.

Seriously how hard is to send out a phone - if it's out of stock why can't they just say that and I'll wait patiently - it's being messed about that makes me mad.

Sorry this isn't really a valid question is it? I just needed to rant!:(
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi read your post on my thread, I was told on Monday 01/03/10 by an o2 CS rep that my phone was updated to dispatch and delivery would be 02/03/10. I phoned today to discover that the Iphone is out of stock and they have no idea when they are getting them back in !
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here, called Monday actually looking for a deal on refurbished 3GS but was fed up with waiting for them to come in. Ordered 2 iphone 3 GS', told next day delivery but they never showed up. Called O2 to be told out of stock! What a joke, paid for the phones to get them quicker and now the O2 system just says 'TBC' when you ask for an expected date of them arriving at O2. Ive e-mailed them.....I think.....the site never actually confirmed my message was sent!!
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you didn't get an acknowledgement then it means the email didn't reach O2. This might be a problem with your cache. Try clearing it.
I was reading today that Apple are still experiencing production difficulties on all products, following last months revelations, so it may be that deliveries aren't turning up on time?
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
What's annoying is that the stores have plenty but for some reason they wont process my upgrade instore so have to wait. Its the fact that.

A, I currently have no phone
B, Ive paid for something and not recieved
C, Blatantly lied to by 02 Customer services

**edit** 9:00am status Complete and DHL tracking number showing

Fingers crossed for everyone else !!
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.

Last night I called and was told it was ready to be picked up by DHL today for a thursday delivery, but when I checked the status this morning it reads as cancelled!
After a 40 min call most on hold, I was told it had been canceled a number of times, no idea why and rather than keep me on hold they'd call me back!

Not holding my breath, if they don't get in touch and it stays canceled, I'll give it a month to make sure it doesn't come up on my credit card and then buy it from Apple direct - possibly on orange - Why don't they keep track of these things or update when you call them?

ooberj glad to hear you're sorted - good luck to anyone else in the black hole known as O2!
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im suprised at how o2 have become in the last 2 years they have always been helpfull but lately very poor. So slow to give customers info

Good luck Awk hope you get what you want
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had a similar problem, I ordered a iPhone on Monday morning and picked a Wednesday delivery by Tuesday I hadn't received a confirmation email so I spoke to someone on the online chat and was told by them it was being sent out today. Sit around today waiting nothing turns up go on the online chat and I'm told it's out of stock, after having the conversation they then send me a email. They have also already taken the money for it, this is a real poor show by o2.
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had a similar problem, I ordered a iPhone on Monday morning and picked a Wednesday delivery by Tuesday I hadn't received a confirmation email so I spoke to someone on the online chat and was told by them it was being sent out today. Sit around today waiting nothing turns up go on the online chat and I'm told it's out of stock, after having the conversation they then send me a email. They have also already taken the money for it, this is a real poor show by o2.

how did you get the online chat only way i can get it is by random pop up when on o2 website
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I keep hearing about this elusive web chat, I'm starting to think it's an urban myth!

Well a nice lady did actually call me back yesterday (twice)! In the end I left the original order cancelled and re-ordered it over the phone - I've been promised it will arrive today - so fingers crossed!

ooberj, how's your new phone working out? Everything fine I hope!
Message 10 of 15