Did you mean: 

Guide Updates

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122892 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

GUIDE UPDATES

Recent discussions HERE about locking guides a week or so after they were posted, resulted in an agreement to have a section where all of us could ask for a guide to be updated if we felt it necessary.

So I'll start it off.

The first guide which needs an update is this one

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

If you check it out it says....

•  "New devices come with 3 sims so you can choose the size which fits your phone"(I don't think they do? I thought one sim was sent and you pushed out the size you needed OR the correct sim for the phone was sent out with your device? (Confirmation please?)
  •  Is the sim blank or does it have a temporary number attached? (Nothing is mentioned in the guide)
  • Finally the question we are always being asked is, do I do the swap from my old sim or the new one? It may be obvious to us, but not everyone knows. 

Those are the things I think need changing or added to the Sim Swap Guide. Any more suggestions would be welcomed.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@aldaweb 

As I understand it, each QR code can be used 3 times, so you can delete and reinstall if you have problems or after a move to a new phone. 

After 3 uses, you need a new eSim pack.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 46

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 , I knew it could be re-used on the same phone after a re-install but that clarifies moving to a new phone.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 32 of 46

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Cleoriff  Yes, please that would be amazing kissing_heart

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 33 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122892 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@LukasB 

You will need to open the guide for me then. I will work on it over the weekend.

Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122892 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Martin-O2 @LukasB 

I have finished updating this guide Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text.

I have added a lot and reformatted it etc. When it was written in 2013, it was solely about Spam. Nowadays, Spam and Scams are often linked, so I thought it appropriate to add a fair amount about that issue as well. 

As a result I have changed the title to reflect the guide content. It's in the draft room waiting for your approval. (It's the 2nd completed draft.)

Let me know what you think? If it's ok, you can push it out to the Guide Index and replace the existing one if you are happy with it.  Thanks.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122892 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

The updated guide is now live Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

Although it does need the #mention changing as it has a new title. Lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 46

Trevos
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 422 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

May i ask is there a guide for registering a smart watch with O2 to use for calls, that was purchased elsewhere? 

I've read some users advice on how this should be done, but the responses are inconclusive if the process is correct. 

Apologies if in the wrong thread to ask this question, but would appreciate any help. 

S21 (o2); Lenovo Yoga Chromebook C630 15.6 Inch UHD ( Intel Core i7-8550U, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD ); Fire HD 10 Plus tablet; Gigaclear 500mbps
Message 37 of 46

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12065 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

It depends on which smart watch you mean @Trevos 

o2 only support the Apple and SOME Samsung watches...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 38 of 46

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6574 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1482 Solutions

Are we going to update eSIM to say that these are now available form My O2? In most cases no need to call or find a store. 

Did mine through SIM Swap. Took 5 minutes 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 39 of 46

Trevos
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 422 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply, In my case it's the Samsung Watch 4

S21 (o2); Lenovo Yoga Chromebook C630 15.6 Inch UHD ( Intel Core i7-8550U, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD ); Fire HD 10 Plus tablet; Gigaclear 500mbps
Message 40 of 46