cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great customer service from Leeds Briggate store staff!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I just wanted to write a quick message to express how grateful I am for the friendly and professional customer service myself and my friend received the other day when shopping for a new Payg phone on Tuesday the 12th of December 2017. We had a spent over 6 hours searching all over Leeds city centre for a Payg phone for my friend who is hopeless with anything more technical than a digital watch! As it was after 4pm and both of us were running out of patience I was ready to give up and go home. My friend Dave had just had an appalling experience in a nearby pawn type shop (let's just say their name relates to changing money into something else!!) with a member of staff who wanted nearly £50 for a 5 year old beat up Samsung galaxy 3 mini and they weren't prepared to even knock £5 off the asking price. Fortunately it turned out the phone had been incorrectly labelled as O2 compatible yet on testing with my friends SIM card it wasn't. So we left the store in despair resigned to going home empty handed. Luckily en route to our bus stop we were passing the O2 store on Briggate in Leeds. I almost deterred my friend from going inside the store because I doubted there would be any mobile phones within our budget. Anyway within 5 minutes of browsing a young lady called Amber I believe came to assist us and helped my technophobe friend select a more than adequate Payg phone for himself. Plus because I was personally looking to replace my own Payg mobile I asked her colleague if there were any budget priced 4g smartphones and I was amazed to learn the £29 ZTE BLADE A110 model phone my friend was about to purchase was actually 4g! So between my friend and I we snapped up a pair of these fantastic value Payg phones. Talk about having the whole day saved at the last minute!! Had we traipsed home without the phone - especially for my friend, plus if I had later learned that I had missed out on an amazing deal then we would both have been quite cheesed off... Anyway myself and my friend Dave would like to say an enormous thank you to Amber and her colleagues at the O2 store on Briggate in Leeds. I believe that Amber may have recently started working at the store as she was being trained in operating the register. If her manager happens to see this forum post I hope that he or she will realise they have a brilliant employee there and they should instantly triple her salary..!! Lol!

Kind regards

Johnny
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122349 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous what excellent news and thanks for letting us know. O2 store advisors are coming in for a lot of praise this last week. I am sure our community Admin will be delighted to feed this back for you @Marjo @Martin-O2 @MercedesS

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Fantastic

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

These are coming through thick and fast atm! Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff smiling

@Anonymous We really appreciate you taking the time to feedback. I'll pass on your kind words to the staff at the Leeds Briggate Store! yahoo

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@jonsie It's lovely too see!! cool

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Christmas spirit I image wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Seriously, this year especially, I've noticed a big difference in people. There seems to be a general feelgood factor in the same people that I tend to meet every day here in the hospital. Nurses with tinsel in their hair and smiling despite the way the government 💩s on them from a greater height each year, my God a doctor even shared a joke with me yesterday.... I made a note in my diary, it's so rare of an event.... about as often as you see Haleys Comet!

Not that the nurses aren't always smiling, mind.

Or maybe it's that I'm not usually in the UK for Christmas? Is rather not be here now but heyho I'm counting my blessings too. I've actually got my earphones in listening to Bob Dylans greatest hits and singing along. Been a long time since I felt like singing so maybe this feelgood factor is spreading 🎧🎶🎼🎵😃

Message 8 of 8