cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gourmet Society

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone been the victim of the Gourmet Society offer. Was under impression that it was free to use. Have only used it once, months ago. i have now had a letter from them threatening further action if I don't pay my subscription.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
It's an eating out club, you must have signed up for a free trial and not cancelled at the end.

It's an underhanded way of doing business but I find little comes free these days.

Phone them up and complain.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone been the victim of the Gourmet Society offer. Was under impression that it was free to use. Have only used it once, months ago. i have now had a letter from them threatening further action if I don't pay my subscription.

I was about to sign up for this offer but then I noticed that it states when signing up that it's 2 months free of a subscription service.

You'll need to contact the Gourmet Society if you want to try and cancel, there's nothing o2 can do for you.
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Getting quite common though but always pays (no pun intended) to read the T+C's beofre signing up.

Totally agree - so many companies do this now. I think the other treat is Blockbuster, which also runs in the same way. Graze and Love Film do it too, amongst many more! It's not very consumer friendly certainly, but I do understand it from a business point of view - this way only people who are actually thinking of joining and would like to 'try before they buy' will bother to fill in all the bank details etc. As sheepdog says, the Ts and Cs are always worth checking, especially if you're putting in bank details as this is now the norm. To be fair to Gourmet Card their Ts and Cs were pretty short, so not too much trouble checking. My car insurance on the other hand went to 8 pages of Ts and Cs just regarding the free gift I was meant to get with it!!!

Out of interest, my girlfriend and I have a contract and a pay as you go phone and they got different offers - one was a totally free restaurant discount voucher and the other was the trial...

We used both, and I kept the Gourmet Card as we eat out a lot, so makes sense for me.
Message 4 of 4