cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google play voucher

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anybody been struggling to get their £50 Google play voucher from o2?

Message 1 of 30
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Yeah, basically there are some terms now which weren't linked to or mentioned on the sale pages, just that if you bought xx Handset, you would get xx Google play voucher.
Now it seems there are conditions hidden away in a separate page far, far away under the promotions name of "best of Android" (which wasn't/isn't named on the promotion pages either)
Look in store at HTC ONE A9 to see the same promotion without any mention of terms.
Message 4 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Yes. They seem to have changed or retrospectively applied some T&C's that were not made available at time of ordering (on some phones).
There is a thread somewhere, I'll find it for you....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Read this through - it starts off positive for some but deteriorates towards the end of the thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Google-Play-rewards/td-p/923866
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 30

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Yeah, basically there are some terms now which weren't linked to or mentioned on the sale pages, just that if you bought xx Handset, you would get xx Google play voucher.
Now it seems there are conditions hidden away in a separate page far, far away under the promotions name of "best of Android" (which wasn't/isn't named on the promotion pages either)
Look in store at HTC ONE A9 to see the same promotion without any mention of terms.
Message 4 of 30

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Actually, scrap that, it seems the terms have now been added to the HTC one A9 page.
Which is as good as admission of an incorrectly marketed advert in my eyes.
Message 5 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so I just got a text with a link go open priority on the web it says I have a £50 Google voucher but there is nothing there in any section

Checked on the priority app and still nothing
Message 6 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add I checked in the My priority section
Message 7 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No idea then, I guess you need to call CS.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tbh after the mess around last time I'll pass plus they refunded me to the vaule of when it hadn't arrived after one month
Message 9 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Ah, so you've already had £50 or were you due another voucher?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 30