cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Maps Live View feature now available to more Android and iOS phones | READ FURTHER COMMENT

TheGreyApe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Google introduced an AR feature to Google Maps called Live View. It's an augmented reality walking direction functionality guiding you through the streets. Well, today, Live View directions will work on more than just Pixel phones.

Google Maps Live View feature now available to more Android and iOS phones

All Android handsets supporting ARCore and iPhones with ARKit can take advantage of the functionality. Once you select a waypoint in Google Maps, you can select walking directions and then tap on the Live View option at the bottom of the screen.

You can then look at the streets using the camera of the phone and you will get visual directions in real-time, hence the name of the feature. It's pretty neat so if you have the chance, try it out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apologies for the lack of posts, I was going to do a full type up about the Samsung Unpacked Event however I have posted a good few articles recently about all devices announced during the event individually and wouldn't want to clog up the Discussion feed with this event and Samsung Products, I want to make the coverage as diverse as possible and not just tailored to Samsung products.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I haven't had a chance to try this out yet @TheGreyApe , but it looks like it could be very useful for anyone who, like me, has a really hard time reading maps and understanding which way to go smile If anyone's tried it, I'd love to hear some first-hand experience!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions