cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going round in circles regarding a non collected order (Collect at store)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Long store short.

Ordered phone to be collected from store

Change my mind

Got in touch with O2 via chat and they said to let it lapse and it would be returned to O2 and cancelled.

Now being chased for £18 or so for the airtime as the store took their time sending it back.

Had another chat session (4th one regarding this) and being told i need to pay and it cannot be cancelled.

BUT I NEVER HAD THE PHONE / ACTIVATED THE PHONE / USED THE PHONE ETC!

was told that was irrelevant as it goes of the date the contract was cancelled on there system

I have the chat transcripts but O2 dont do emails anymore, so how can this be resolved?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
try calling customer service instead of using the chat option as they (generally) are better at customer service.
they may be able to look into more detail the circumstances surrounding your issue.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You definitely need to speak to them. Chat told you wrongly. You need to cancel properly and make sure the item has been rescanned back into stock.

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

You will only get this resolved by taking to O2 customer services

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

They should have a record of everything hopefully...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Link has a landline number you can use to call CS and speak to a human slight_smile
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Surely if the OP didn't collect from the store, the contract hadn't started. Unless I'm missing something?
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 8

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
No you're not missing anything @Curr946 this should negate the contract under normal circumstances. But as mentioned (i'm guessing) if the store haven't sent it back in a timely fashion it was not scanned back in.

But you'd actually think the simple fact of a non collection would end any contract obligation no matter when it's scanned back into stock?
Message 7 of 8

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Well yeah, as to collect it, one would have to sign and show ID. As it wasn't delivered to OPs home address then the distance selling regs don't apply as the business would have been concluded instore. Retailers can't have it both ways.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 8 of 8