cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give phone to someone else

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an iphone 'refresh' contract with o2 that ends in July 2016. I have been given a new iphone from a different provider - BT. I want to give my old phone to my son (and he use his own number on that phone) and continue to pay the monthly fees until the contract expires in July so he gets to use my allowances. I also want to transfer my existing number to my new BT phone.

Does anyone know if it is possible?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
No, you can't transfer your number and keep the contract going.
It's one or the other I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
No, you can't transfer your number and keep the contract going.
It's one or the other I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

You can transfer your number but that will automatically end the contract with the relevant termination fees.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Your son also won't be able to keep his number and use your allowances unless he ports his number to your old account, but this will mean you lose your number too.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4