Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost in my mobile logging onto O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great difficulty in signing in to O2 on my Xperia LI 

This happed before with my Lumia 640 & 650

It's to do with my Security Question, answer was input in town's O2 shop probably when I first went over to a smartphone ... I reckon it was input incorrectly ... & ... I disliked att speaking my Security Question Answer out loud ... with hindshight I would have preferred to have written in down using paper & pen

I have recently Changed my Security Question & Password, but it doesn't really work consistently much if at all ... Totally Fed Up not being able to use my mobile when eg in bed resting (which I need to more often = poor health getting worse)

eg: Also when replying to an email notification that I have had a mention on the O2 Community forum, I can somehow 'press a wrong button' & it goes missing off my phone screen = so I look for it on my Gmail on pc & it's gone there too ... ... ... sic = recently a post from @Cleoriff who thanked me for posting a pic of Jonny Depp when live at a Disney Park, well @Cleoriff will most probably think I'm just an ignorant Yorkshirewoman for not saying something like 'You're Welcome' slight_frown Bang Confused 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Sorry @Anonymous, I'm a bit confused by your post. I log onto the forum with my email address and the password I used to set up my account. In fact, my phone remembers both, so I don't have to type them in each time.

The security question is for when you ring Customer Services, and not always then.

So, do you mean you can't remember your password to log onto the forum? And how do you log onto the forum on your laptop? It should be exactly the same when using your phone.

Your password should be something easily remembered by, but personal to, you and not known to anyone else. 

As for your email notifications 'going missing', sounds like you are pressing the delete key which would remove the email notification from your email and gmail inboxes simultaneously. You must have a recycle bin on your phone in both email and gmail, and you should be able to find your deleted emails there. Your emails aren't completely deleted from your phone until your recycle bin is emptied, ie you delete the emails from your email recycle bin, which deletes them from the recycle bin in Gmail at the same time, and completely from the phone .

Hope I've helped.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 12

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
If your using gmail and you swipe the email left or right you archive the email can't you log into my o2 using mobile number then password
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Glory1

Your reply has helped a lot ... sorry for the confusion ... I'm confused myself

I write my passwords down for all my pc accounts in an A6 size Address Book

I sign into the O2 Community forum automatically on my pc

I have never used the Recycle Bin & wouldn't know where to find it on pc or phone

The choice of 3 Security Questions my phone asks me when trying to sign into My O2, well I've had to change the usual (most obvious one) one as it just doesn't work ...I've decided to use one of the other 2 which I can remember

Do I need to change the O2 Community forum password yet again & make sure the pc & phone & make sure they are the same

I write the changes I make down in my A6 size Address Book where my passwords are kept

How do I find the Recycle Bin on pc & my phone please

Thank you again @Glory1 ... I have made a decision recently to have my passwords all the same really ... or ... an 'if in doubt thing try this one' 

My main password has:-  lower case letters + Capital letters + number + 'punctuation' 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@liggerz87 wrote:
If your using gmail and you swipe the email left or right you archive the email can't you log into my o2 using mobile number then password

Hello @liggerz87 thank you for your reply

My O2 on phone just gives me the whole runaround & including having a code to input which comes through on my phone = I do the whole thing only to be rebuffed at the final action ... ... ... to start again which I'm so p$$d off with ... yet the odd recent time I've been able to use the facility when I'm not-so-good & resting in bed ... this keeps me in touch with what's going on the forum & into Facebook ... ... ... initially on my phone I have to input my 4 digit 'reference number' to this whole tiresome process again with no successful outcome ... ... ... last time it closed down for 30 minutes as I'd been trying to sign into My O2 on phone for too many unsuccessful times

Thank you @Thanks!

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@liggerz87 wrote:

Hi @liggerz87 I've just tried to do what you say & lost the email on my gmail that @Glory1 posted above 

tbh currently I am having to use 2 hands on the mouse as my hands are very unsteady due to Renaud's Disease in both hands ... = ... shaking & no strength

so perhaps best to leave that suggestion

Thank you just the same ... Thanks!

Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous

On an Android phone regarding My O2, you sound as if you have set up a 4 digit password? This is how I access My O2 on my phone via the My O2 app available on Google Play

On PC I sign in with the same email address and password I use to access the forum.

If you have forgotten your passwords or passcodes and input them incorrectly you will get locked out.

How I access the forum on my phone is completely different to a lot of people.

I check the emails on my phone first. Click on one of those which brings me straight to the forum. I can then sign in to reply by entering my email address and password (which my PC remembers)

If you changed your password, did you press save?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous

On an Android phone regarding My O2, you sound as if you have set up a 4 digit password? This is how I access My O2 on my phone via the My O2 app available on Google Play

On PC I sign in with the same email address and password I use to access the forum.

If you have forgotten your passwords or passcodes and input them incorrectly you will get locked out.

How I access the forum on my phone is completely different to a lot of people.

I check the emails on my phone first. Click on one of those which brings me straight to the forum. I can then sign in to reply by entering my email address and password (which my PC remembers)

If you changed your password, did you press save?

I can't comment on a PC as it's been many years since I've used one but I log into the forum exactly as you do @Cleoriff by clicking on one of my emails. Then I sign in with my email address and password, which my phone remembers so I just press sign in. From there I can reply to any of the topics on which I received an email, any PMs or any other topic that catches my interest.

What is confusing to me is @Anonymous keeps mentioning security questions to log in to MyO2. On the rare occasions I log in via that route it again asks me to sign in with my password and email address which it remembers so I just press sign in. I've never been asked a security question, have you?

As for the recycle bin @Anonymous every phone is set up differently. On my phone there are 3 red vertical lines at the top left of my in tray. When I press that I can find my saved emails, my recycle bin, starred emails etc and I can even log into my Gmail account. Your phone may be set up differently and as I've never used an Xperia phone, which I believe you have, I can't help you there. But did you not receive an instruction booklet with your phone. All should be explained there. Or you could, of course, Google it smile

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I use My O2 rarely on the phone @Glory1

However as I said, it is a separate app I downloaded from Google play.

When you set it up from new you have the option of signing in via a 4 digit pin. That's what I chose.

The only time I have ever been asked a security question is when I ring O2 customer services.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Glory1 & @Cleoriff

Yes my pc does remember summut or other & by pressing the 'sign in' button(s) I access the forum automatically

Dunno what I've done with the Xperia LI

atm I need some time to take-in what you have both said

My hands & feet are frozzen ... so ... I need to attend to that soon, need 2 hands on the mouse as shaking

Will get back to you soonest slight_smile slight_smile 

Message 10 of 12