cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting old phone unlocked

Anonymous
Not applicable

After renewing my contract with o2 and getting a new phone, I wanted an unlocking code from o2 for my old phone. Requested this on the 20th May and told it may take a week. After online chats with six different o2 people and numerous hours wasted they have assured me yet again that it will be done but as i have been assured that they will treat as a priority on many previous occasions I will not hold my breath.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Contact 02 via 202 for pay monthly customers or 4445 for payg customers from your mobile phone.

Live Chat are ok for general low level enquiries.

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

What make is your phone, I have recently been told that O2 do not do priority unlocking on anything except Iphones.

If you were told this on the online chat, you should make a formal comoplaint as they are clearly not telling the truth.

I am still waiting for O2 to unlock my old Galaxy S2, which has been ongoing since mid May.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Contact 02 via 202 for pay monthly customers or 4445 for payg customers from your mobile phone.

Live Chat are ok for general low level enquiries.

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

What make is your phone, I have recently been told that O2 do not do priority unlocking on anything except Iphones.

If you were told this on the online chat, you should make a formal comoplaint as they are clearly not telling the truth.

I am still waiting for O2 to unlock my old Galaxy S2, which has been ongoing since mid May.

So not figured if it's locked or not yet?

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

U have recently tried a Vodafone SIM card in the phone, it was not aaccepted, therefore logic dictates the phone is still locked.

Yet, I asked in Phones 4 U last week, where the phone was originally bought, and they told me their phones are unlocked by default! Eh?!

Message 5 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Could you have set a pin to prevent a new sim being used?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

mine is an old galaxy S2

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

mine is an old galaxy S2

Fill in the unlock form should ensure you get the unlock code.

unlocking form

Message 8 of 8