Did you mean: 

Get involved: Content feedback needed!

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello guys Wave

This topic is where you can ask and suggest what content you would like to see under the Community Knowledge Base: “How-To-Guides” and “Reviews” 

What content do you think is missing that might help?

• What How-To-Guides would you like the community to create?
  • What content should be added or reviewed?
  • What news or information would you like to hear from O2?
  • Any special device review you will like to read?

Share your thoughts and thanks a lot in advance! Feedback

Your feedback 

• "Coming soon articles" on new devices @Anonymous > Would be added to Welcome & News
  • "Firmware & software updates@MI5 @madasaf1sh > Would be added to Welcome & News

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello guys,

I am really sorry. We understand it can be frustrating when your ideas & suggestions don't get implemented. We are not always able to implement things as you would like Cry Changes can also take longer to happen and, at the same time, there has to be an alignment between ideas and business needs.

However, it is not that the thoughts and ideas of community members aren't important and do have an impact on how we work, even if this is not always obvious. In fact, the content you have suggested will be added! Hero 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 21 of 30

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MercedesS wrote:

We are not always able to implement things as you would like

The Community is for customers otherwise O2 would have a presence so why shouldn't we have our ideas implemented ?

I agree that we cannot dictate O2's business strategy or ideas that are contrary to that strategy but O2 shouldn't dictate their ideas on the Community which have no connection to their business.

To be honest there are posts very critical of O2 on this Community (and I have posted some of them) that I would not have allowed if I was O2 senior management which proves to me that O2 have no real interest in the Community from a business point of view.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 22 of 30

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@MercedesS wrote:

We are not always able to implement things as you would like

1 - The Community is for customers otherwise O2 would have a presence so why shouldn't we have our ideas implemented ? 

2 - To be honest there are posts very critical of O2 on this Community 

1 - Someone, somewhere, wants all sections to look busy. 

"Not enough posts for individual sections" is testament to that fact.

2 - That fact alone is why we enjoy the freedom of speech on here.

I think we all criticise as customers if we feel justified and likewise support O2 if we feel the customer is being a numpty.

I wouldn't want that to change into an "O2 is great" type of forum........

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

In fairness to @MercedesS this was going on long before she joined the forum. We are asked for ideas. Criteria was given.  Then goal posts moved when our ideas and suggestions did not fit in with O2's business strategy. Those of us who have been here for a long time tend to think 'Oh no not again'  when these threads keep popping up....as we know anything we suggest wont 'make the grade'.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 30

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff

I don't think anybody is criticising/blaming/complaining about the past or present Community managers, they are probably as frustrated as the members. They can only do what O2 require of them.

O2 management creates the problems, which are replicated in several sections of the business not just in the Community.

Message 25 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff

I don't think anybody is criticising/blaming/complaining about the past or present Community managers, they are probably as frustrated as the members. They can only do what O2 require of them.

O2 management creates the problems, which are replicated in several sections of the business not just in the Community.

And I understand all of that of course. It will not stop the frustration of members who are asked to implement or suggest changes only to have them ignored.

I may not have been a forum manager @Beenherebefore I did however have years of management experience in nursing and other NHS professional groups. I know what motivates and demotivates staff.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 30

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MercedesS

Your OP relates to KB, Guides and Reviews.

1. Reviews have nothing to do with Knowledge Base or Guides. They are just subjective opinion...one person's critical analysis, although many may agree with that analysis.

2. Why is the Index to Guides "hidden away" ?....try to find it yourself.

3. Why do some of the Guides show discussion posts, one Guide is 15 pages long !!.....Guides should be locked to prevent posts being added.

Before we start adding new detail, we really need to re-construct this website from the beginning.....again.....because, in my opinion, it is a mess.

Message 27 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I totally agree with guides being locked to prevent ongoing discussion and stop irrelevant comments being added. If the guide is approved by management then it should appear as a standalone piece of work. There will be occasions when something vital is missed from a guide and it needs updating or amending. ..but it isnt a discussion topic. 

In Nursing we reviewed clinical practice and procedure guides annually. There was a separate section to add comments and queries. 

Slightly different with reviews however. Although they are posted from the perspective of one individual they do lend themselves to questions and often debate.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 30

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Like the idea of the guide/article being a stand alone post with a separate discussion post.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 29 of 30

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Morning guys!

Thank you for your valued feedback and suggestions on the proposed content changes. It is amazing to see how many of you have taken the time to send us some very useful feedback on what you think of the community so, Thanks!

Trust me, your feedback is extremely valuable to us. It helps the team understanding which features and functionality are most important and we will definitively pass it along. Please keep on sharing ideas with us. We do appreciate your opinion and it is the best way to improve our products and services. Wave

Remember that if you want to share ideas about the board structure too, we can do it here: Get involved: your thoughts on forum board structure

Message 30 of 30