Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Reply
Highlighted
O2 Social Media Team
Posts: 1,483
Registered: ‎27-11-2013

Galaxy Unpacked - Live Stream @ 7pm TONIGHT!

Hey peeps,

Samsung_Galaxy_Unpacked_2020_Pre-Register_Now_Samsung_UK_-_2020-02-11_17.57.47.png

This one may already be on some of your radars but if not, Samsung are very soon going to reveal the next Samsung Galaxy. There's a lot of hype around this years event so what do you think we'll see tonight? What are your bets and predictions?

Click on the banner above from 7pm TONIGHT to watch Samsung's live stream, or click here.

I'll be back tomorrow morning with a round-up of what happens, unless one of you beat me to it! ;-)


Hi. I'm from the Social Media Team.

Highlighted
Level 18: Posting pro
Posts: 1,025
Registered: ‎22-04-2017

Re: Galaxy Unpacked - Live Stream @ 7pm TONIGHT!

I didn't think it was that good this year
Highlighted
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Galaxy Unpacked - Live Stream @ 7pm TONIGHT!

Aww didn't see this thread.. I thought a 7" screen would be on the cards & I wasn't far off.. it's getting silly now. 108mp shooter could be quite groovy tho!

Highlighted
Posts: 80,325
Topics: 573
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: Galaxy Unpacked - Live Stream @ 7pm TONIGHT!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Galaxy Unpacked - Live Stream @ 7pm TONIGHT!

[ Edited ]

8K video on the main shooter on the Ultra but only on the telephoto lens only on the cheaper two?

 

I say cheaper two... Where are all the neigh sayers now... when Samsung unveil a whopping $1400 dollar tub of wires.. nothing.. Apple do it... they're rip off merchants!

Highlighted
Posts: 13,356
Topics: 82
Registered: ‎14-01-2014

Re: Galaxy Unpacked - Live Stream @ 7pm TONIGHT!

My 2c
108mp will be horrific in lowlight, there will be some heavy noise reduction and smoothing, I think back to the days when Sony had 23mp and all the other manufacturers were saying "megapixels aren't everything" pixel size is the important thing, and the pixel size on 108mp, even on a 1" sensor is very small, bad for getting the light in.
8k video.... Too soon. From what I've seen, the quality is poor, the focus has issues and the motion blur is ghastly.
For the 0.5% of people that have an 8k TV, I suppose it's something so they can finally get some 8k content as there's not much anywhere else, but for the other 99.5% the same processing could have given 4k slow motion, which would have been far more useful.
The 8k records at 24fps, which is ok, but in daylight will give choppy video as the rule of video is shutter speed =1/2 frame rate, in daylight that won't be possible so video will be choppy, in low light it will be roughly 1/2, but then the quality issues kick in. Not often I say this, but in its current form.. 8k is a gimmick. In a few years when processing has advanced, fine, but now..no.



Highlighted
Posts: 13,356
Topics: 82
Registered: ‎14-01-2014

Re: Galaxy Unpacked - Live Stream @ 7pm TONIGHT!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Galaxy Unpacked - Live Stream @ 7pm TONIGHT!

Not very shiny at all!