cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Unpacked - Live Stream @ 7pm TONIGHT!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey peeps,

Samsung_Galaxy_Unpacked_2020_Pre-Register_Now_Samsung_UK_-_2020-02-11_17.57.47.png

This one may already be on some of your radars but if not, Samsung are very soon going to reveal the next Samsung Galaxy. There's a lot of hype around this years event so what do you think we'll see tonight? What are your bets and predictions?

Click on the banner above from 7pm TONIGHT to watch Samsung's live stream, or click here.

I'll be back tomorrow morning with a round-up of what happens, unless one of you beat me to it! 😉

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I didn't think it was that good this year
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aww didn't see this thread.. I thought a 7" screen would be on the cards & I wasn't far off.. it's getting silly now. 108mp shooter could be quite groovy tho!

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

8K video on the main shooter on the Ultra but only on the telephoto lens only on the cheaper two?

I say cheaper two... Where are all the neigh sayers now... when Samsung unveil a whopping $1400 dollar tub of wires.. nothing.. Apple do it... they're rip off merchants!

Message 5 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
My 2c
108mp will be horrific in lowlight, there will be some heavy noise reduction and smoothing, I think back to the days when Sony had 23mp and all the other manufacturers were saying "megapixels aren't everything" pixel size is the important thing, and the pixel size on 108mp, even on a 1" sensor is very small, bad for getting the light in.
8k video.... Too soon. From what I've seen, the quality is poor, the focus has issues and the motion blur is ghastly.
For the 0.5% of people that have an 8k TV, I suppose it's something so they can finally get some 8k content as there's not much anywhere else, but for the other 99.5% the same processing could have given 4k slow motion, which would have been far more useful.
The 8k records at 24fps, which is ok, but in daylight will give choppy video as the rule of video is shutter speed =1/2 frame rate, in daylight that won't be possible so video will be choppy, in low light it will be roughly 1/2, but then the quality issues kick in. Not often I say this, but in its current form.. 8k is a gimmick. In a few years when processing has advanced, fine, but now..no.
Message 6 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not very shiny at all!

Message 8 of 8