Future of o2 e-addresses and about o2 account login

Cas1951
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Questions on my mind for quite a while.

Would be grateful if someone could throw some light on these:

Have Sky Broadband since o2 changed us over. But still use 2 of my old o2 email addresses.....

QUESTION 1 - can I keep those forever? if not, will o2 inform us well in advance of them being discontinued?

I have the o2 e-addresses set up in Windows Live client (ex Outlook Express), but still login to my o2 account at the o2 website partly because of o2 mobile phone.

My o2 account login/username is my old main o2 email address.

QUESTION 2 - can that continue as my o2 account login username or will this have to be changed to my sky email address at some stage? and If so - when? and how?

I tried the "live chat" route with these queries a while back, but they did not seem to understand, and just kept telling me to contact Sky - which was no help whatsoever. Really hoping my concerns make sense to someone in this community who understands it all and can answer my queries.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Thank you for gathering the additional information from the Sky platform.

In reply to other comments - Yes I fully intend to continue as a Sky customer, and have a Sky email address, but I had kept 2 x much-used longstanding o2 addresses too for convenience, but as mentioned, making more changes now. Really grateful for everyone's input here on the matter.

Message 21 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144367 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
No problem Cas.
Makes sense to migrate to a more reliable provider as you never know what might happen but I just didn't want you to panic too much.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 23

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you, yes it has eased off the urgency! Much appreciated.
Message 23 of 23