cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends & Family 50% Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the 50% Friends & Family discount applied to my account but I understand that when I upgrade my phone now that the contract is close to expiring, that discount comes off and has to be applied again. Does anyone know why this is the case? Why can't it just continue on? I really don't want to lose the discount as it really helped me out.

I no longer have the contact details of the kind O2 employee who added me to their account (his details were on my old e-mail I forgot to back up before switching and that address has since been deleted) so I can't ask him to renew it for me. It's bizarre that O2 don't let the discount stay on the account and base it on the contract itself. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I expect O2 just need to know the discount is still relevant to you and any changed circumstances.

It's easy enough to re-apply

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-How-to-sign-up/ba-p/1020172

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

No idea why @Anonymous you'd have to ask O2 but I guess it's to stop people applying who no longer have friends or family working for them.

Check if you are eligible for any other discounts though. 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-How-to-sign-up/ba-p/1020172

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

More than likely that too many people have discounts they aren't entitled to. I'm not altogether sure why you would think it would just roll on especially if the person has moved on and you are no longer in contact with them.

Message 4 of 4